Oregon Crusaders 2017

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/11/2017 at 9:14 AM, Cadevilina Crown said:

Hint #3 from OC.

https://www.facebook.com/oregoncrusaders/videos/10158025657795162/

As a side note, I'd love to see another bold new uniform from them based on the way these teasers are going.

I think you will get your wish.  Not 100% on that but pretty sure because they signed on with a uni company last year.  

It appears they want to strengthen their brand/identity with the 2017 show theme and IMHO it's a GREAT call.  Can't wait for this one.  As I said in another thread, I've been wanting to see some form of a compass rose in the drill for years.  Maybe ...  just maybe... this year? !!!  Could be a big visual wow that electrifies crowds - and could be a perennial wow like Crown's crown, SCV's crest, Star's star and so on.  Especially if part of it rotates or something...  oh my, chills down my spine.  

I always enjoy their book and this year 'sounds' promising in that regard.  Looks like they have some movement in brass staffing so we'll see what happens.  Percussion ALWAYS kills it.  As we all know, visually is where they can really grow and again, there is something about this theme that really excites me regarding the potential for a killer design like 2012 was.

Here's to a great season OC!

Edited by luv4corps

On 1/14/2017 at 7:28 PM, DrumManTx said:

Pretty shocked no one has brought this up yet:

Whoa!  Will blend nicely w/ theme too methinks.

On 1/13/2017 at 9:19 AM, DrumManTx said:

They haven't let me down with a show musically since I can remember, certainly not from 2010 on.  This should be great, very cool and interesting mix of music.

If they can just get their visual program and achievement to match the music they would be set...hope this is the year that can happen.  

Oh I know that visual bugaboo!  Every year my fingers are crossed.  But honestly, THIS YEAR I am excited about all the visual possibilities and potential for growth.  Depending on design of course, and execution, could really be a break out show for them - while developing their brand in the process - which is timely.  

I really hope they find a lane, the way Academy has done.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

36317484.jpg

Im kidding.  I actually think the sousas are an interesting addition.  

or maybe they'll  cover the bells of the sousa things with various set visually appropriate materials ending with a compass rose.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, luv4corps said:

Oh I know that visual bugaboo!  Every year my fingers are crossed.  But honestly, THIS YEAR I am excited about all the visual possibilities and potential for growth.  Depending on design of course, and execution, could really be a break out show for them - while developing their brand in the process - which is timely.  

I really hope they find a lane, the way Academy has done.  

It's a concept I could see being very visually enticing, they're sooooo close to a breakout year. I've wanted one for them for a long time now.   Regardless I'm sure I'll enjoy the show tons like I have the last 7.  

5 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Or maybe some people need to click the link in the post.  Actually a VERY interesting read.  :ninja:

Ya got me!  My Dino receptors overpowered my reading skills. But keep GH away from this thread, pleez.....

Edited by xandandl

27 minutes ago, xandandl said:

or maybe they'll  cover the bells of the sousa things with various set visually appropriate materials ending with a compass rose.

Back in the mid 60's, Boston had their contra bells covered with an elastic covering with a red Waldo in the middle.  (Just can't copy and paste it for some reason.  If any IT folks want to PM me their e-mail, I'll send it for their addition to this topic.  It's a photo of a newspaper article though.)

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1