Favorite uniform(s) in dci

I liked the early DCI judge uniforms.... the baseball caps the judges wore all seemed to be three sizes too big.  LOL.

• Like 4

Devils uniforms over the last few years have been really cool. Lots of subtle details.

I liked the Coats uniform in '13 '14 and '15 but 16 was... a little much up close. Too many love handles.

Cadets of course. I'm excited to see what the new uniform will look like. Hopefully it'll be just as awesome as the original.

• Like 1

<pokes head up> Did someone say uniforms?

In recent times, I love the floodgates that Crown opened in 2013.  Uniforms have started to become combination military uniform and performance wear, and it's made corps look quite distinct from marching band's "full military regalia" and WGI jammies.  Bluecoats of course this year, Vanguard Cadets, Genesis, Cavaliers... heck, even Phantom has started using layers on their jackets (and I wish they'd gone with the pit unis for the whole corps).  It's a very exciting time for design, I think, and I think we're not far away from almost a dressed-up tracksuit type design being tried.  With DCI's draw becoming more and more the sheer athleticism that the members bring to the table, that's not a bad way to go.

Mike

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeN said:

<pokes head up> Did someone say uniforms?

...and I think we're not far away from almost a dressed-up tracksuit type design being tried. 

So my leisure suit might finally be needed? :lle:

In general, yes, I agree with @MikeN. I sort of am willing to trust the creative professionals to do their thing. Some will make a few bad choices. And I might not like everything that results (Oregon Crusaders 2016?), but fortunately, my likes and dislikes aren't shared by everyone.

Traditionally...Cadets 

Ever...91 Star

This year...Crown