2017 Uniform Thread

I still say Devils should wear shakos with two plumes, to represent the Devil horns.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BoaDci said:

Ok I dont want to expand on this statement any further but....COVER THE BUMP!

Guess you never competed in or watched a track meet.  And by all means, never watch a ballet. 

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, flammaster said:

I personally love the BD top and hope it stays pretty much the same.  I miss the Bluecoats helmets.

Starting in 2014, it got really blousy, something about the fabric, cut and sizing; last year it worked because of their sea show.... it reminded of that Seinfeld ‘I don’t want to be a pirate’

Wait, is that a good thing?

9 hours ago, dcibrando said:

whatever is the choice, I hope it is WAY less spandex and gymnastics uniforms for the horn and drumlines :closedeyes:

I was recently shuttling some members to and from the airport and and corps winter camp. The conversation turned to the new uniform the corps is expected to get for this season. The member who is a multi-year vet said they just wanted more  spandex in the pants so that they could do the visuals that staff wants. Last season they had difficulty and ripped a lot of pants as a result. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Luke4496 said:

Personally can't wait to wear Southwind's new uniform. 2015 and '16 was an awesome design imo, but I think this new uniform will fit the show theme well! I also can't wait to see it in person hopefully soon!

I'm more of a traditional guy, so I'm not the biggest fan of the uniforms. But I'm sure I'll get used to it like I did Bloo '16

I'm still salty from getting cut from SW because of my age but I can't wait to see you guys at Model!

I personally like the uniforms with parts that can be added and removed to fit the show theme like Academy, Crossmen, and Blue Stars. 

But here's hoping that Phantom's uniform is cool this year. I thought it was a bit "lack-luster." I wish they went back to something like the 2003-2007 (and '08 i guess) design with the sash that goes over the shoulder and hangs down over the back. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DawsonBurnes said:

I personally like the uniforms with parts that can be added and removed to fit the show theme like Academy, Crossmen, and Blue Stars. 

But here's hoping that Phantom's uniform is cool this year. I thought it was a bit "lack-luster." I wish they went back to something like the 2003-2007 (and '08 i guess) design with the sash that goes over the shoulder and hangs down over the back. 

I thought you wanted to wear the black one with the extra pocket near the shoulder blade.

On 2/9/2017 at 6:19 PM, aLittleBird said:

Folks from the Stone Age ripping on anything that you can bring your arms past parallel to the ground wearing-- and the performers don't collapse from heat exhaustion during performances? That's absurd, and not real drum corps! The fabric should be heavy and restrictive. Any TRUE drum corps fan feels the same way. Nevermind that anybody who has ever even pretended to dance or move their body in an artistic way will tell you that these new uniforms are FAR superior to the old (there's a reason colorguards have been wearing jumpsuits for YEARS)... well, nevermind those people! It's ALSO not drum corps if the performers aren't at a standstill, high-marching whilst playing something patriotic in one of three keys that the instruments can handle.

So there! Pah, costumes!

On 2/9/2017 at 6:19 PM, aLittleBird said:

Folks from the Stone Age ripping on anything that you can bring your arms past parallel to the ground wearing-- and the performers don't collapse from heat exhaustion during performances? That's absurd, and not real drum corps! The fabric should be heavy and restrictive. Any TRUE drum corps fan feels the same way. Nevermind that anybody who has ever even pretended to dance or move their body in an artistic way will tell you that these new uniforms are FAR superior to the old (there's a reason colorguards have been wearing jumpsuits for YEARS)... well, nevermind those people! It's ALSO not drum corps if the performers aren't at a standstill, high-marching whilst playing something patriotic in one of three keys that the instruments can handle.

So there! Pah, costumes!

I am all for uniforms that restrict dance & body movements.

• Like 2