2017 Uniform Thread

8 hours ago, DawsonBurnes said:

I wonder how this'll work with Cadets 2 having those uniforms. Do they have more or will the Cadets take them from Cadets 2?

The Cadets have usually had a uniform storage place back in Allentown. Thatzzz being said, those who understand Hopkins-speak better than I are surmizing that the Cadets DCI corps will no longer be in West Point style outfits. But that traditional colors will be used. No mention of what the DCA corps will be wearing as C2.

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

Many of us are quietly sitting shivah at this wake.

Whard duz  dismean ?... azz I don know whard daheck you talkin bout, heya.

4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

he actually said they'd be in "costumes" in the colors of cream and maroon - no mention of gold I don't believe

seems like the military look is history

Will the look be history in full?  Full departure or will the military look be reimagined (as they say).  Would the new look will be reminiscent of a military cadet style of top (not saying jacket mind you) and a pant (material) that is adapted/designed to allow for more body movement?  I would wonder what the head and feet are to be adorned in?  Shakos?  Bucks?  

Lastly, will the brass/percussion costume/uni start out very simple and be added to during the season so as the program grows, the entire visual package modifies including the brass/percussion costumes/unis?  Has any corps ever made changes throughout the season to brass/perc unis, along with guard equipment add's, prop adds, etc., etc.?  It seems that what brass & perc starts with, remains as is throughout the season, other than adding headwear that may not have been available at the start of the season.

19 hours ago, DawsonBurnes said:

My personal guesses for World Class uniforms...

The Academy

New

Blue Devils

New

Blue Knights

New

Blue Stars

2016 w/ module changes

Bluecoats

New

Boston Crusaders

New

The Cadets

2015 (traditional)

Carolina Crown

New or 2016 w/ module changes

Cascades

The Cavaliers

2016 w/ module changes

Colts

New

Crossmen

2016 w/ module changes

Genesis

Jersey Surf

Madison Scouts

Mandarins

New

Oregon Crusaders

New

Pacific Crest

Phantom Regiment

New

Pioneer

Santa Clara Vanguard

New

Spirit of Atlanta

Troopers

That's a lot of corps getting new uniforms.  I don't think that many will have new unis.  I'm thinking more along the lines of a lot of enhancements via adds/deletes to current unis.

11 minutes ago, 1corpsfan said:

My top five favorite uniforms:
1. Phantom Regiment

2. Boston Crusaders

3. Santa Clara Vanguard

4. The Cavaliers

5. The Academy

As much as some dissed it, I liked the late 88 BD uniform with the gray pants for some reason.

5 hours ago, xandandl said:

The Cadets have usually had a uniform storage place back in Allentown. Thatzzz being said, those who understand Hopkins-speak better than I are surmizing that the Cadets DCI corps will no longer be in West Point style outfits. But that traditional colors will be used. No mention of what the DCA corps will be wearing as C2.

I really really hope that the Cadets don't cave to the costume trend. The Cadet uniform is the best in the activity.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

I really really hope that the Cadets don't cave to the costume trend. The Cadet uniform is the best in the activity.

Unfortunately I think this is where the activity is headed on the whole...