2017 Uniform Thread

8 hours ago, tesmusic said:

All speculation at this point, since "Star Crossed" may mean Romeo and Juliet, but could be something different altogether.

Apparently the spongebob flower designs on the uniform actually came from a painting (which I can't find). I can only assume the same will come with Star Crossed

18 hours ago, DawsonBurnes said:

Apparently the spongebob flower designs on the uniform actually came from a painting (which I can't find). I can only assume the same will come with Star Crossed

It was the background from this, right?  Picasso's Le Reve...

Le-Reve-by-Pablo-Picasso-200x200.jpg

Mike

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

One of Spirit of Atlanta's recent posts hinted at a new uniform. Wonder if they'll take the same route the Bluecoats have been taking. 

I hope some corps wear uniforms and not costumes, otherwise everyone will have the same effect.

As has been cited elsewhere on several threads, BITD and when DCI started and still maintained its efforts not to have CONFLICT of INTEREST administrators/administrations*, there was actually more diversity than now with what corps wore. 27th Lancers, Bridgemen under the Hoffmann-Delucia era, Guardsmen, Kilties, Cavaliers, Velvet Knights, etc. would never have been mistaken one for another like today's  many groups in WGI, BOA, USBands, TOB, Cal Bands, ISSMA and UIL. Even today in DCI with its 50 shades of blue.

*that was the goal, never totally achieved under any administration.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 0:13 AM, DawsonBurnes said:

I saw the Southwind uniform in person at a camp they're having right now. It looks amazing. Unfortunately, I can't post any pictures. 

Can you give us a hint ?  Lets play.... "  I've Got A Secret ", shall we ?   I would like to go to Mr. Steve Allen, on the Panel, please. Mr. Allen: is the uniform, a uniform that is more apt to found more in Western old movies, or in Sci Fi thrillers ?

Ding.. times up.... Mr. Allen replies.... " Neither ".

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Can you give us a hint ?  Lets play.... "  I've Got A Secret ", shall we ?   I would like to go to Mr. Steve Allen, on the Panel, please. Mr. Allen: is the uniform, a uniform that is more apt to found more in Western old movies, or in Sci Fi thrillers ?

Ding.. times up.... Mr. Allen replies.... " Neither ".

I'll give you a little bit of detail. As long as I'm not straight up showing it, I won't get in trouble haha. The uniform is fitted and relatively stretchy. It'll give us more opportunities to "perform." I will admit, it does look strange (hence the show name) and it takes a while to get used to but it's super cool. It does look a bit like a costume but you will be able to tell that we're a drum corps and not a WGI group right off the bat. Open class is in for a surprise this year. 

That's all I'll say for now (the picture of the uniform sketch can be found on the first post of the thread. Can't show the real uniform just yet).

Edited by DawsonBurnes
  • Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 5:20 PM, BRASSO said:

Yup.  But they'll all be in pajamas, spandex, body suits, circus attire, etc soon enough.

which in my opinion is unnecessary - I'm all for a more modern uniform, but when it begins to look like my daughter's dance recital costuming then... well....

I believe WGI shows have morphed into DCI... have to dress like them, dance like them, etc. to be competitive... but I'm not sure why.  To each their own style which is fine but I thought GE was more than just spandex and body movement? (or is it?)

some of my favorite modern uniforms today are crossmen and seattle cascades personally