2017 Uniform Thread

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:08 AM, sagemode67 said:

My friend has always told me that the corps have no reason to reveal stuff to us, and that the fans play no part in them. 

...until they want our money. Then, we matter, but only as long as the cash keeps rolling in.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

A return to the pre-2011 red look?

Only in drum corps does 30 seconds of a sewing machine get people excited.  And I literally *just* got that the logo swoosh is the letter Z in AZ.

Mike

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MikeN said:

Only in drum corps does 30 seconds of a sewing machine get people excited. 

True..  given a choice however, I suppose I'd prefer to see and hear sewing machines and seamtresses out on the DCI  summer competition field than ( for example ) flutists. The musical sound of a sewing machine humming along is not THAT bad, imo, and it sounded pretty good to me on this camp released video anyway.

Edited by BRASSO

20 hours ago, BRASSO said:

... I'd prefer to see and hear sewing machines and seamtresses out on the DCI  summer competition field....

Big fan of 2009 Blue Stars, The Factory, I presume. cf guard props 

• Like 1

cowtown said

"...As long as we ignore their human rights record"

[X]  It still amazes me how the costume/uniform companies omit any assurance that their products are manufactured, assembled, produced, and fabrics made in conditions where no human rights are violated. More than one company in the fashion industry has suffered public relations nightmares in the US when it was discovered that child labor was routinely used, basic dignities of worker's human rights were ignored, and near slave conditions under health hazards were common in the fabrication of their products. To my knowledge, only one uniform mfgr. in the activity does all their work in the U.S. and can assure that human rights are maintained according to the standards of our American/Canadian labor.

Usually the age cohort who comprise the MMs of DCI, WGI, and the band circuits are known for their idealism, enthusiasm and sensitivity. But with the push for all the new clothing for 2017, still the mfgrs. and the pro-costume crowd remain silent in their adult world of making money, gaining endorsements, and profitting from lobbyists. Can you imagine with me the United Airlines like press fiasco with all the new outfits this season if even one case of human rights violation is found in their manufacture? It might make the famed pre-DCI I.C. Reveries sit-in seem small in comparison if MMs started refusing to don clothing produced from developing nations not respecting human rights.

Whether spandex or traditional form, here is an opportunity  to forego bad publicity and to affirm human rights. Mfgrs, your silence speaks volumes. .

Stirring up trouble am I?  Oh I admit that, particularly when human lives can be at stake. 

Passover and Easter blessings to all.

Edited by xandandl

I did not know that political thread discussions were allowed on DCP.. A discussion on a Countries " human rights record" relative to DCI or its member Corps is politically charged right from the getgo, imo. For example,. we have BK visiting Bahrain as we speak. My guess, we really probably don't want to get into any political thread discussion on here on the county of Bahrain's" Human Rights Record". Its certainly a terrible one according to most international Human Rights Advocates in just about every criteria imaginable.( Anyone here can do a quick google search to bring themselves up to speed on Bahrain's terrible and deplorable " human rights record ", if they were not previously aware of it).. So I suppose we'll find out soon enough if DCP will be bending the rules here now to take a look at Corps and their active participation with Countries, or Companies with atrocious and terrible " human rights records ". I personally hope we DON'T decide to wade into the political waters here now on DCP, as thats definately not going to end up well here if we decide to go down that road.

Edited by BRASSO

36 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I did not know that political thread discussions were allowed on DCP.. A discussion on a Countries " human rights record" relative to DCI or its member Corps is politically charged right from the getgo, imo. For example,. we have BK visiting Bahrain as we speak. My guess, we really probably don't want to get into any political thread discussion on here on the county of Bahrain's" Human Rights Record". Its certainly a terrible one according to most international Human Rights Advocates in just about every criteria imaginable.( Anyone here can do a quick google search to bring themselves up to speed on Bahrain's terrible and deplorable " human rights record ", if they were not previously aware of it).. So I suppose we'll find out soon enough if DCP will be bending the rules here now to take a look at Corps and their active participation with Countries, or Companies with atrocious and terrible " human rights records ". I personally hope we DON'T decide to wade into the political waters here now on DCP, as thats definately not going to end up well here if we decide to go down that road.

which is why I generically pointed to the manufacturers of the drum corps used clothing rather than a specific country or political record. If one speaks to the drum corps side (use) that is not outside DCP rules as I have consulted with others. Your approach is an attempt to subserviate the question and avoid the issue, perhaps hide the issue. 

Edited by xandandl

35 minutes ago, xandandl said:

which is why I generically pointed to the manufacturers of the drum corps used clothing rather than a specific country or political record. If one speaks to the drum corps side (use) that is not outside DCP rules as I have consulted with others. Your approach is an attempt to subserviate the question and avoid the issue, perhaps hide the issue. 

I don't believe so.

Whether we discuss a Company or a Country's record  on " human rights " they are both in the realm of political commentary. Its a distinction without a difference,

I am not out "to hide" a companies or a countries record on " human rights ". I take no position on it... on this site. If we want to have a discussion here on DCP on a companies or a countries  "human rights " record, we open this dicusssion up naturally to other areas where Corps in DCI have participated in partnership ventures with companies or countries with all manner of deplorable records in " Human Rights ". So my suggestion to NOT engage in political commentary on DCI's partnerships with companies and/ or countries with deplorable " Human Rights Records" still stands. That said, if the mods here decide to bend the forum rules on disallowing political commentary on here and to now ALLOW political commentary on here ( and a " Human Rights Records" discussion is of course a political discussion ), then thats their call.

Edited by BRASSO