2017 Uniform Thread

48 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I don't believe so.

Whether we discuss a Company or a Country's record  on " human rights " they are both in the realm of political commentary. Its a distinction without a difference,

I am not out "to hide" a companies or a countries record on " human rights ". I take no position on it... on this site. If we want to have a discussion here on DCP on a companies or a countries  "human rights " record, we open this dicusssion up naturally to other areas where Corps in DCI have participated in partnership ventures with companies or countries with all manner of deplorable records in " Human Rights ". So my suggestion to NOT engage in political commentary on DCI's partnerships with companies and/ or countries with deplorable " Human Rights Records" still stands. That said, if the mods here decide to bend the forum rules on disallowing political commentary on here and to now ALLOW political commentary on here ( and a " Human Rights Records" discussion is of course a political discussion ), then thats their call.

no, there is no bending the rules at all. 

nuance; please and allow others to discuss what you may not see; for all your verbiage, your posts are reactions with black or white thinking. Life is far bigger than that.

I won't respond further to your posts on this thread but will respond to others who want to join a conversation, not a censure.

3 hours ago, xandandl said:

cowtown said

"...As long as we ignore their human rights record"

Can you imagine  press fiasco with all the new outfits this season if MMs started refusing to don clothing produced from developing nations not respecting human rights.

Talk about " censure"... this is YOU bringing up the very thought of a MM's boycott in DCI. ( lol!)  Hey, my suggestion was NOT to go down this political discussion road on DCP as I see nothing but landmines, potholes,.. and potentially much worse ahead if posters decide too. But my suggestion is certainly entitled to fall on deaf ears here too. So proceed as one wishes. If posters want to go down that road with you, including your bringing up potential marcher boycotts as some sort of a political statement, I won't stand in anybody's way. Good luck, and smooth sailing with this, my friend.. lol!

Edited by BRASSO

On 4/13/2017 at 2:48 AM, Cadevilina Crown said:

Glad to hear the Colts are changing their uniform. I was never a big fan of the 2013-2016 unis, which featured (IMHO) an unsightly red-to-purple gradient. Here's hoping for more solid red.

I didn't mind the gradient as much as the weird white bits that make all the members look like they are wearing a sports bra over their tunics!

• Like 1

Looks like it might be a season of dance belts...glad I didn't have to wear one BITD!

2 hours ago, Cainan said:

I didn't mind the gradient as much as the weird white bits that make all the members look like they are wearing a sports bra over their tunics!

Some of these new uniforms the Corps will have this season could actually become an upgrade and an improvement over their current attire. Time will tell, of course.

On 4/13/2017 at 7:17 PM, DrumManTx said:

Not sure what kind of design they're gonna go for. I'm sure it'll be hard to top the previous uniform. 

1 hour ago, DrumManTx said:

You can pretty much make out what it's going to be IMO.  Looks sleek.

(btw I like Southwinds too...and the music.  MUSE!!!)

You coming to an open class show? 

On 4/14/2017 at 8:49 AM, MikeN said:

Only in drum corps does 30 seconds of a sewing machine get people excited.  And I literally *just* got that the logo swoosh is the letter Z in AZ.

Mike

Mke N....you'd be amazed how many folks have yet to realize what you "just got that the logo swoosh is the letter "Z" in AZ"   I think it's pretty cool myself.  Just love THE ACADEMY Logo and the 4 - 29 video teaser.

• Like 1