2017 Uniform Thread

1 hour ago, Hrothgar15 said:

. I think the fear people have is more that all corps will look like Bluecoats, and less that they will all become like Star.

There is also the possibility that if lower placing Corps attempt to look and sound like the  Bluecoats, that they indeed could wind up like the Star of Indiana. 

Lest we forget, the Bluecoats certainly did not rise to the top of DCI by sounding and looking like the Blue Devils who were on top before the Bluecoats made their changes. We can assume that nobody here on DCP believes that the Bluecoats followed the style, unis, music, themes, etc of the Blue Devils to ascend to the top of DCI. But then again, one never really knows. So maybe a few Corps ( and fans ) will make the misguided decision to support their favorite Corps becoming a " me too " Bluecoats2  Drum Corps. Time will tell on this though.  The lesson we learn here.. or should have learned, imo... is that in order to top a Corps thats currently on top, the very LAST thing you want to do is to attempt to look like them or sound like them.

Edited by BRASSO

Haven't read the whole thread, so maybe this is already discussed...

I got word that one corps (no, I'm not telling) and maybe more are using "printed" uniforms. the cost of which (about $100) is included with the MM's tour fee.  At the end of the season, the MM keeps the uni.

No storage, no alterations...

Whery-Whery intewesting...

BD's Indoor Percussion posted the below picture this morning.  If THIS is the future of costuming towards which DCI moves, it's a future that will likely leave behind not just many fans, but many current marchers as well.  

Couple that with what Guardians posted this morning and you just have to wonder how many kids are quietly saying "#### it, Jim, I'm a musician not a dancer!"

C-wzoNuXgAA1oQ1.jpg

The next new staff positioins to be increasingly added to Drum & Bugle Corps in the future will be... my prediction....." Professional Make Up Artist ". Qualified applicants will have worked at Maybelline, or Nordstrom's, Mary Kay Cosmetics and the like.

Time Marches on.

Edited by BRASSO

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

There is also the possibility that if lower placing Corps attempt to look and sound like the  Bluecoats, that they indeed could wind up like the Star of Indiana. 

Lest we forget, the Bluecoats certainly did not rise to the top of DCI by sounding and looking like the Blue Devils who were on top before the Bluecoats made their changes. We can assume that nobody here on DCP believes that the Bluecoats followed the style, unis, music, themes, etc of the Blue Devils to ascend to the top of DCI. But then again, one never really knows. So maybe a few Corps ( and fans ) will make the misguided decision to support their favorite Corps becoming a " me too " Bluecoats2  Drum Corps. Time will tell on this though.  The lesson we learn here.. or should have learned, imo... is that in order to top a Corps thats currently on top, the very LAST thing you want to do is to attempt to look like them or sound like them.

I think many corps would love to sound like the Jim Ott winner!!!

12 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

The next new staff positioins to be increasingly added to Drum & Bugle Corps in the future will be... my prediction....." Professional Make Up Artist ". Qualified applicants will have worked at Maybelline, or Nordstrom's, Mary Kay Cosmetics and the like.

Time Marches on.

been done already for some. Winter programs have also brought in Pro's to teach how to apply make up as well as decision making what would be most visible  application.

Edited by GUARDLING

18 minutes ago, JAZZER said:

I think many corps would love to sound like the Jim Ott winner!!!

Of course.. but you miss my point. The Bluecoats did NOT rise to the top of DCI, by attempting to sound or look like the Blue Devils. So any Corps that sets out now to top the Bluecoats by attempting to look or sound like the Bluecoats might not be not learning the lesson of what allowed the Bluecoats to rise to the top of DCI to begin with.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

Just now, BRASSO said:

Of course.. but you miss my point. The Bluecoats did NOT rise to the top of DCI, by attempting to sound or look like the Blue Devils.

Let me rephrase then.

To sound like any Jim Ott winner. 

9 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

been done already for some. Winter programs have also brought in Pro's to teach how to apply make up as well as decision making on most what would be most visible  application.

True.. and such " Professional Make Up Artists " staff additions will be increasingly taking place over the next few years, imo. It just might become the largest numbers of staffers added to Corps staff in the coming years.. but only time will tell, of course. These new staff position openings will not require a University 4 year Degree or a Masters Degree in Music or Dance either. Heck, a H.S. Diploma or a GED  and a flair for applying make up in an effective manner in a group setting should suffice for a future paid position in Corps in such a future staff capacity, imo.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAZZER said:

Let me rephrase then.

To sound like any Jim Ott winner. 

No need to rephrase it.. as I got it the first time. ( I won't rephrase mine either.. should be no need too, imo)