2017 Uniform Thread

20 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

been done already for some. Winter programs have also brought in Pro's to teach how to apply make up as well as decision making what would be most visible  application.

And that's the problem.

DCI is becoming WGI and it won't work because what is intimate in indoor Dayton is not intimate in a stadium seating 70K,  Different animals, different diets.

17 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

No need to rephrase it.. as I got it the first time. ( I won't rephrase mine either.. should be no need too, imo)

Thought it best, as we all are aware that even though BD, that you brought up has won it all 5 times since'09, they've only earned the Ott twice during those eight years. 

11 minutes ago, xandandl said:

And that's the problem.

DCI is becoming WGI and it won't work because what is intimate in indoor Dayton is not intimate in a stadium seating 70K,  Different animals, different diets.

this is very true. All the more reason to approach make up different for different venues if used and IF a corps is using it as a part of theme or approach

Edited by GUARDLING

1 hour ago, Eleran said:

BD's Indoor Percussion posted the below picture this morning.  If THIS is the future of costuming towards which DCI moves, it's a future that will likely leave behind not just many fans, but many current marchers as well.  

Couple that with what Guardians posted this morning and you just have to wonder how many kids are quietly saying "#### it, Jim, I'm a musician not a dancer!"

C-wzoNuXgAA1oQ1.jpg

This is some ugly crap. Just when you think the nonsense could not be taken to 11. They did it. This is some type of joke ....cause I'm like what the Fork?  My kid will never march so I have not fear of them being ridiculed for looking like a clown. Hell even clowns have better. This is like a UNITARD. 

reinforces my belief that this should not be called Drum Corps any longer ,,,,, just call it the WGO. Or something more appropriate. the Dance off. 

1 hour ago, Eleran said:

BD's Indoor Percussion posted the below picture this morning.  If THIS is the future of costuming towards which DCI moves, it's a future that will likely leave behind not just many fans, but many current marchers as well.  

Couple that with what Guardians posted this morning and you just have to wonder how many kids are quietly saying "#### it, Jim, I'm a musician not a dancer!"

C-wzoNuXgAA1oQ1.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, E3D said:

This is some ugly crap. Just when you think the nonsense could not be taken to 11. They did it. This is some type of joke ....cause I'm like what the Fork?  My kid will never march so I have not fear of them being ridiculed for looking like a clown. Hell even clowns have better. This is like a UNITARD. 

Ridiculed? No problem. These folks are treated like Gods in their universe. 

• Like 2

Good for them. Lets hope the corps bus does not break down on side the road ,,, heaven forbid what type of trash they will take for that nonsense. 

Bring on more jump suits. 

Treated like God's -???? ok sure. 

8 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

Ridiculed? No problem. These folks are treated like Gods in their universe. 

This is totally true. The NEW ( recent years ) drum lines have finally crossed over to engage not just drummers but ALL of the activity ( including members). Many many people who never were interested are now VERY interested in the progression of drum lines in the activity. Much more now than the past. 

• Like 1