2017 Uniform Thread

As for my 1.8 cents view, and without the almost requisite tongue in cheek commentary, my initial reaction to those was "They look like something from All That Jazz, Chicago or Cabaret..."

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Precious Roy said:

Just for giggles, I did a google image search on the alleged SoA uniform to see if there were any other versions out there (there aren't). Click on the "visually similar images" link. I dare you.

Holy cosplay, Batman!

If you removed the white collar, guantlets, bowler hat, and what looks like sequins on the front, it'd look pretty okay. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, DawsonBurnes said:

If you removed the white collar, guantlets, bowler hat, and what looks like sequins on the front, it'd look pretty okay. 

Using Spirit as an example, headwear for the "dance" based uniforms is going to be problematic.  Small and short hats (a la WGI) don't tend to project well from the center of football fields, and big (traditional) hats will look extra clunky against sleek dance suits. Not sure where this is headed, honestly...

While Spirit's prototype does look vaguely like the Riddler there, I can see where it might look pretty cool from the field, especially if they use a lot more body movement.  Kind of like a slim version of the Bluecoats from 2007-2012.

Mike

• Like 2

I like the concept

Guards and indoor groups figured this out years ago. Show based uniforms help tell a story, and if done right, help with the final score. As the Coats said in 2010 "the future is now"

and the flood gates have opened. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gak27 said:

As for my 1.8 cents view, and without the almost requisite tongue in cheek commentary, my initial reaction to those was "They look like something from All That Jazz, Chicago or Cabaret..."

I didn't know Fosse was involved....

Edited by 84BDsop
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I'm sure someone will jump in my #### for this but why are we calling these uniforms anymore?  They're costumes.  I'm not saying this in a grumpy old man way.  It's just pure logic. 

Some interessting comments when this was a topic not too long ago.

52 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I'm sure someone will jump in my #### for this but why are we calling these uniforms anymore?  They're costumes.  I'm not saying this in a grumpy old man way.  It's just pure logic. 

Only reason I am is because they are worn to look uniform. Costumes would mean each one is different, which isn't the case. Lol.

• Like 4