2017 Uniform Thread

3 minutes ago, DawsonBurnes said:

(Also nobody told me Michael Gaines was working with SCV!)

They announced that over WGI Percussion weekend; I remember seeing it during the bus ride down. And yeah the rumors I've heard are new unis and possibly no headgear.

2 minutes ago, Spandy said:

They announced that over WGI Percussion weekend; I remember seeing it during the bus ride down. And yeah the rumors I've heard are new unis and possibly no headgear.

That's unfortunate. I always loved their uniforms

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Let us never speak of that again...

Mike

Ok!

07_24_2003_cavaliersguard-walloch03.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DawsonBurnes said:

Me too! But I'll wait to judge until I actually see it.

51 minutes ago, DawsonBurnes said:

Also...

Bowler hats...

In the context of the "other" image of their dance suits, adding the coats makes the collar and cuffs make sense. I'm suddenly *much* more down with this idea, assuming they'll be ditching the coats at some point of the show.

Mike

Just now, MikeN said:

In the context of the "other" image of their dance suits, adding the coats makes the collar and cuffs make sense. I'm suddenly *much* more down with this idea, assuming they'll be ditching the coats at some point of the show.

Mike

Is there more than one image? The only one I've seen was the one on twitter

Now that you say that, that would be pretty cool and make a ton more sense. I thought those "gauntlets" looked weird, but they're actually cuffs! And the collar too. But what doesn't make sense to me is the chest of the uniform. It wouldn't look very appealing with just a jacket over it. What I'm hoping is they'll start with the jacket and maybe some sort of shirt under that, then rip off the jacket, shirt, collar, and cuffs. That would be pretty cool. I'm sensing a sort of "Great Gatsby"-esque show because of the uniform and the picture. This would make sense because the 20's are also called the "Jazz Age," and Spirit is known for playing jazz. Maybe I'm just looking too much into it. 

Edited by DawsonBurnes
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, DawsonBurnes said:

Has Gaines not done enough to gain (no pun intended) your full trust? It's unfortunate that he's taking an awesome group in what's probably gonna be an awesome direction? Who's to say you won't love these uniforms? 

BTW ON THE SUBJECT OF SCV UNIS one might reason that based off of the colors of the show announcement page and the show shirts, etc. that the colors for the uniforms will be something along the lines of red and black with a white trim. Which I, personally, would love to see. The boldness of the SCV shades would really bring out that combo. 

• Like 1