2017 Uniform Thread

1 hour ago, Lead said:

Everyone really should suspend all uniform talk until you see Madison. 

Unfortunately, that sounds rather ominous.

• Like 1

I've never seen someone say something about it so I'll just ask... am I the only one who thinks marching shoes are ghastly? I know they're made specifically to march with ease, but jeez they're so ugly... with all these new trendy and more modern looking uniforms coming out, you'd think they'd try modernizing them too.

• Like 1

I'm noticing more and more corps go without the shako chain strap. I hope corps keep them because I really like how they look

2 hours ago, johnpendell said:

I've never seen someone say something about it so I'll just ask... am I the only one who thinks marching shoes are ghastly? I know they're made specifically to march with ease, but jeez they're so ugly... with all these new trendy and more modern looking uniforms coming out, you'd think they'd try modernizing them too.

ghastly perhaps.  But they are primarily designed 1) for ease of marching; 2) TO HIDE TICKS  and only lastly for fashionistas.

I am wondering whether a pair of New Balance 928v3 walkers in black would be just as effective. I am definitely enjoying mine, a birthday gift.

35 minutes ago, xandandl said:

ghastly perhaps.  But they are primarily designed 1) for ease of marching; 2) TO HIDE TICKS  and only lastly for fashionistas.

I am wondering whether a pair of New Balance 928v3 walkers in black would be just as effective. I am definitely enjoying mine, a birthday gift.

Shoes are also a LOT more expensive to produce than modern uniforms...especially if they're specialized for  niche activity (just ask Nike when they got into fencing shoes for the 08 Olympics)

On 5/28/2017 at 5:33 PM, xandandl said:

Is this the Boston guard's uni/costumes reveal? The colors are right.  And it was in the Boston paper... and ya'll know the media only gives us true news, right?

Time will tell.

lActivists dressed as characters from

Beauxbatons meets Little Red Ridinghood was my first thought.