2017 Uniform Thread

They're alright. I think it fits the puritan/salem witch trials time frame. There's some similarities with Crown in terms of using that stretchy material and a vest but Boston still using a shako and the vest is more traditional. I think it differentiates itself enough and it'll be alot better for body movement. 

IMO I think they could've tried a little more in retaining the Boston red image, but I think people will get used to it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cainan said:

I'm speechless... Absolutely NOTHING about this "look" says Boston to me. 

I completely agree and in my opinion this is where the art went to far .  Now Boston is not the only corps guilty of this but for Boston;  a corps that had one of the sharpest looking uniforms on the field just a couple years ago to come out with this is very depressing.  I know I'm a traditionalist but think about it the word uniform is very much part of drum Corps.  people play together move together most of the time basically they are uniform. It is still a very crucial part of the activity. I never had any problem with the guard wearing anything they want to project the theme but when the corps proper jumps in that role as well, that's when I have a problem with it .  :(

• Like 2

I knew Boston had a bunch of former Crown staff members, but I didn't think they were going to use the same tailor for the costumes.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Triple Forte said:

I completely agree and in my opinion this is where the art went to far .  Now Boston is not the only corps guilty of this but for Boston;  a corps that had one of the sharpest looking uniforms on the field just a couple years ago to come out with this is very depressing.  I know I'm a traditionalist but think about it the word uniform is very much part of drum Corps.  people play together move together most of the time basically they are uniform. It is still a very crucial part of the activity. I never had any problem with the guard wearing anything they want to project the theme but when the corps proper jumps in that role as well, that's when I have a problem with it .  :(

AHHHHH but you see what you think is acceptable was met by many back in the day with resistance also. Time marches on ( or dances )...so to speak..lol

49 minutes ago, Narrow said:

There's some similarities with Crown in terms of using that stretchy material and a vest but Boston still using a shako and the vest is more traditional.

It looks like a more refined version of the style Crown wanted to project in 2013 and beyond. Reimagined style without looking too cartoonish*.

(*disclaimer: I still love you Crown)

My main problem with BAC's uniforms is the color scheme. It's too bright for a show that's supposed to be very dark. If it were up to me, I'd make the torso and shako black and the sleeves and shako belt a much darker red. Or just go back to the 2014/15 uniforms, which fit this show perfectly, IMO.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Triple Forte said:

Wait

Til

You

See

Madison...

:D

• Like 3