2017 Uniform Thread

Just now, Cop said:

It is.

It's not also how they look up close? Why does DCI still produce multi-cam videos then? Why do corps still march in parades?

• Like 1

Just now, Hrothgar15 said:

It's not also how they look up close? Why does DCI still produce multi-cam videos then? Why do corps still march in parades?

You really asking those two questions to prove you're right?  Parades and Multi cams?
I learned from Shirlee Whitcomb, it's about the overall view, judging the detail falls under individual performance qualities which doesn't take design details into numbers.
Yet I do realize when we used a tic system, the score was given in the uniformed details, but the activity has moved forward from that mind set many many years ago. 

• Like 4

There was at time when colorguards wore similar if not the same uniform as the corps proper; so I suppose it was inevitable that the time would come when the corps proper would start dressing like the colorguard. :doh::laugh: If the members dig it and are having fun, that's what matters. :thumbup:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hrothgar15 said:

How many parades do corps march anymore compared to back in the day? 

DCI produces multi-cam videos because drum corps is moving slowly towards theater on the football field and using a multi-cam view is basically the same as using a metaphorical spotlight on the stage to showcase important moments in a "story-line"

• Like 1

8 hours ago, corps8294 said:

There was at time when colorguards wore similar if not the same uniform as the corps proper; so I suppose it was inevitable that the time would come when the corps proper would start dressing like the colorguard. :doh::laugh: If the members dig it and are having fun, that's what matters. :thumbup:

And now we're at the point where the Cavaliers guard stays in one uniform for the entire show while their hornline and drumline remove multiple pieces throughout the show :D 

Total reversal of the past!