2017 Uniform Thread

Phantomettes are creeping me out.  This is a good thing 

2 hours ago, cfirwin3 said:

It is interesting the dichotomy that is here between hyper detailed uniforms and nearly blank canvases.  Personally, I think the blank canvas way is much more like the old school 2-toned uniforms with a jacket and pants.  All of this detail with parts and pieces doesn't 'read' nearly as clearly as just one or two colors... IMO

As I said elsewhere, sometimes the uniform details are for the performers, not the audience or the judges.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeN said:

I actually liked Phantom's more when they didn't have the shoulder puffs.  That said, that's a very cool look for them, and I am all in favor of things that take them out of their wheelhouse.

Mike

I believe they are performing tonight without the shoulder puffs.  Maybe due to the heat?

• Like 1

19424089_10209533772116871_5105893836759

• Like 2

Only to appease my OCD... the chevron, is the white separate from the black?   Meaning, is the white part overlayed on the black piece?  Comparing the black chevron lines on the left/right - they don't appear to be the same width.  Or the white ones are off.  And lastly... guard shoes - hope these are simply practice and we'll see black in the near future?  

Meniscal points... just curious.

For all the discussion and angst over uni changes, the six at the Tour Premier looked just fine. I liked the variety. Liked Bloo's simplicity (nicely counterbalanced by the complexity of their props!). Hoping it all keeps looking fine when I see Phantom, BAC, Madison.

• Like 1