2017 Uniform Thread

7 hours ago, bearwy said:

Hmm.  I'm gonna need to see more of it/them.

From the press box they read exactly like the hawthorne caballeros... A white shirt with black pants, and a red scarf. I had no idea of the detailing. Blue Devils on the other hand you'll have to wait until  you see an image of them (or in person) they're hard to explain. Both corps look great!!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, friendwhale said:

I admire some of the uniforms (or "costumes," before I get ripped to shreds) this year, but I already miss all the hats

I've seen only three or four corps proper costumes so far that totally ditched the hats compared to last year: BK, SCV, Cadets (to an extent) and BD (to an extent). The Bluecoats actually brought headgear back rather than continue using none. But in general, yes, we are seeing more variety in headgear this year, especially if you look at corps like Academy, Spirit, and of course Bluecoats.

11 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Bite your tongue. Those costumes are the cats meow. Wait until you see them in person. So not last season. Controversy I don't think so. 

so not last season...you're right.  It's worse

Edited by dcibrando

DDHyJSTW0AEQIFC.jpgDDHyJUpXcAAergd.jpgDDHyJTWXYAAFpxz.jpgDDHyJSjXYAEYRNe.jpg

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

DDHyJSTW0AEQIFC.jpgDDHyJUpXcAAergd.jpgDDHyJTWXYAAFpxz.jpgDDHyJSjXYAEYRNe.jpg

Holy pony eating macaroni

Not quite sure if I like it or hate it yet

Edited by friendwhale

Oh dear lord. I may not be able to take much more of this trend. Have tickets I'm actually considering selling now.  I know some won't agree with me and argue that's not right for the kids involved etc but this is not drum corps.  I was ok with Bb horns, electronics, narration, accepting of trombones (although corps overuse them just to use them imo) but this new trend has taken me over the edge 

I will hand it to the scouts though, at least the costumes are masculine and less spandex than others

Edited by dcibrando