Unpopular Opinions?

16 hours ago, RogerF said:

- I'm so looking forward to the first transexual to march a top 12 drumcorps!

I guarantee you already have seen it. 

Also, whether you were being ironic or not, I hope it's not really that unpopular for DCI fans, lol. 

Unpopular opinion: fans of 3rd place corps oftentimes feel very threatened by 4th place corps.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, corpsband said:

I'm not sure I agree they even deserved the placement.  

Yeah I definitely didn't see that as a top 3 show.  

I really like amps and modern drum corps.

By mid season I began to like the singing (run boy run) in Cavaliers show.

I liked BD 15 way better than 14.

I loved the Phantom Regiment when they did that strange uniform change.

I too liked the Swan Lake uniform change.  And the arranging and playing is very re-listenable.  That was one of the years they didn't let the horns loose with full volume until Allentown or something like that.  By finals they were getting that "ahh yeah, that's Phantom" sound.

13 minutes ago, flammaster said:

I really like amps and modern drum corps.

By mid season I began to like the singing (run boy run) in Cavaliers show.

I liked BD 15 way better than 14.

I loved the Phantom Regiment when they did that strange uniform change.

Amps are good except I think the Bluecoats use too much.  I LOVED BD 2014, but I loved BD 2015 waaay more.  

On 1/20/2017 at 8:01 PM, BoaDci said:

Alright...heres a showstopper.

I do not want BK or BAC in finals.

Why so, if you don't mind me asking? You really seem to not like those two corps. 

Okay, really the only reason I'm asking is because BK and BAC are actually two of my favorite consistent finalist corps :p

8 hours ago, friendwhale said:

Why so, if you don't mind me asking? You really seem to not like those two corps. 

Okay, really the only reason I'm asking is because BK and BAC are actually two of my favorite consistent finalist corps :p

I am not a fan of the NEW BK.  The last show I liked of theirs was "That One Second", it had some really cool parts that I enjoyed. Neither "Because..." or "The Great Event" were anywhere near as good.  The new BK...all of the brass chords are weird nothing really makes much sense to me , I think it just an acquired taste.  Plus, I really liked the old BK.

I have a MUCH dumber reason for disliking BAC.  It is mainly, because of the PPP girl.  At first it was cool she was that into it like most pit members are.  I got really upset though that DCI would pan to the PPP girl throughout the entire show at semis.  I mean BAC had a good run, but so did Madison.  I thought Madison would be in finals.  I thought it was wrong whenever BAC made finals.   

Note:  I dont actually dislike these corps, but I dont want to see them in finals next year.

Edited by BoaDci
  • Like 1