Unpopular Opinions?

On January 21, 2017 at 4:05 PM, BoaDci said:

Amps are good except I think the Bluecoats use too much.  I LOVED BD 2014, but I loved BD 2015 waaay more.  

I have not seen them live so I can not comment but from what i hear it is quite an experience to see.  My son says that Vince Oliver is quite the visionary and I trust his opinion.  He did take over his position at one of the high schools he teaches.

2 minutes ago, flammaster said:

I have not seen them live so I can not comment but from what i hear it is quite an experience to see.  My son says that Vince Oliver is quite the visionary and I trust his opinion.  He did take over his position at one of the high schools he teaches.

I think electronics are good for the activity as a whole.  Theyre good to attract people into the activity.  I think the Bluecoats do very cool things with them, but at times they go a bit to far.  I cant imagine what Down Side Up would sound like if there were no electronics.

I am very thankful that I have an open minded outlook on modern drum corps thanks to my wonderful son.  "Without deviation from the Norm progress is not possible"  -Frank Zappa

• Like 3

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 4:52 PM, friendwhale said:

Can see where you're coming from. The Great Event really had to grow on me. But I have to give their last two shows some credit for taking some risks. As for that BAC thing, I only saw their show prelims in a theater and there was only a 10 second clip of the synth girl that I could recall. But yeah, I thought see got way too much time in the limelight throughout the season in general.

I just think that BK is too objectively good to get squeezed out of finals any time soon. Boston could definately stagnate if another corps or two like Madison jumps ahead of them, assuming that both corps will jump right back into where they left off last season

Not hyping, not shoving anything in anyone's face but you did hear about the changes in Boston's staff this season right?  I'm thinking there's a good chance they'll move up.

• Like 2

Why are people getting so antsy about her and the exposure she got?  It's not like Boston Crusaders got on the phone and said "Hey show crazy pit girl for 12 minutes".  That was a call made by whoever was shooting the shows, and at Championships that was Tom Blair, and if there is one person I trust taping drum corps it's TOM FREAKIN BLAIR.  

It wasn't even the drum corps crowd that made her go viral, that's something that social media did.  If it wouldn't have been posted online and shared by millions of people we wouldn't' have heard a ton about her.  

And the "they only put them in finals because of her" one really irks me too.  But that's another discussion.  

I guess I can understand reasons why we might not like a corps but for something like that that they had no control over the exposure of, that's a pretty ridiculous one. One might even say....facetious? 

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BoaDci said:

I think electronics are good for the activity as a whole.  Theyre good to attract people into the activity.  I think the Bluecoats do very cool things with them, but at times they go a bit to far.  I cant imagine what Down Side Up would sound like if there were no electronics.

Your last statement to me shows why they do not go too far, actually. LOVED their show this summer, electronics and all.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, friendwhale said:

I have a real bad one.

Re:rite of Spring > e=mc^2

(runs)

Agreed.

This is THE most unpopular opinion in this thread.  BD should have won every year since 2012.  I think an argument could be made for 2011 as well, but I felt that Between Angels and Demons was a much better show.

Harmonic Journey is overrated (ducks and runs)

The Zone is extremely underrated.

BDB need to make the switch to WC