CAMPING GROUND STADIUM , ORLANDO

Hi . I will be going to the Orlando show in July as I am in  Florida  at the time on holiday from England. I will be taking the wife as well and she has been reading on line how bad the parking is at the Stadium and how the area is a bit dangerous. It wont put me off going but will DCI be providing parking of does anyone know the best place to park.. Thanks  Paul

I've been to Camping World Stadium a few times for sporting events, but never for a DCI event. I've always taken a cab or an Uber from a friends house to the stadium because the parking situation is pretty bad. Not sure if that would help you though since you said you'll be here on holiday. I can also confirm that the stadium isn't in the best neighborhood but as long as you don't wander off too far from the stadium by yourself you'll be fine. Orlando is known for its evening storms during the summer months, so be prepared for a rain delay. Storms usually only last about an hour though so they should be able to get the show in eventually. 

Edited by crownisking
  • Like 1

Do you think there will be Taxis around the Stadium at the show ? .If there is I could leave my hire car outside a restaurant and  get a Taxi from International Drive beforehand then one back from the Stadium after the last Corps.

3 hours ago, smiler said:

Do you think there will be Taxis around the Stadium at the show ? .If there is I could leave my hire car outside a restaurant and  get a Taxi from International Drive beforehand then one back from the Stadium after the last Corps.

You'll most likely need to call for a taxi, or use Uber. I personally wouldn't expect taxis to be waiting around the stadium. 

Parking around International Drive is normally very busy, and thus a mess to navigate. It might be easier to park downtown Orlando in a parking garage, and then take a taxi/Uber to and from the garage to the stadium.

About a 30minute drive to International Drive from the stadium.

GhJ2aph.jpg

Thanks for that Sub.  I know International Drive well as I have visited it in a car for years so I can drive and park there with no problem . What I cant figure out is how DCI have got a show with no parking for guests ?, I don't know how may will attend lets say 3,000 people , so where is DCI advising they all leave their motors or how do they get to and from the Stadium ?. Thanks

7 hours ago, smiler said:

Thanks for that Sub.  I know International Drive well as I have visited it in a car for years so I can drive and park there with no problem . What I cant figure out is how DCI have got a show with no parking for guests ?, I don't know how may will attend lets say 3,000 people , so where is DCI advising they all leave their motors or how do they get to and from the Stadium ?. Thanks

Some more parking info here:
http://www.campingworldstadium.com/plan-your-visit/directions-parking

http://www.campingworldstadium.com/assets/doc/Camping-World-Map-No-Taxi-2-1e23351f8e.pdf

From my (limited) experience, when they do a DCI show at Camping World Stadium, its a large crowd.

For soccer games and such, they have extended the free Lynx Lymmo bus service (grapefruit line) a bit further west to the stadium. This gives the option of parking/dining downtown and taking the bus to the event. Check as it gets closer to see if they will be doing that.

For those who have not been to the stadium since it was the Citrus Bowl, it is virtually a brand-new structure (with turf - no more dead grass/mud). The only part remaining of the old stadium is the upper deck (not used for the show). The old lower bowl was demolished and the new is much more spacious, with mostly seatback-chair seating, bigger/improved bathrooms and concessions. 

I call it CAMPFIRE GIRLS stadium, because, why not? It is not a stupider name than Camping World!