National Endowment for the Arts

16 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Why is the thread itself allowable, however ?

Why should this subject be allowed to be discussed? Because it is not the 'Governments' money being distributed by the NEA but My money, Your money, Our money.  You are suggesting that we should not be allowed to openly discuss here on DCP the National Endowment of the Arts; which is an entity that does with our money as they please (see the example provided by Garfield); and you want the mods on DCP to stop us from discussing the subject.

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

" political threads " are not allowed on DCP. If threads of a clearly political nature were mitakenly allowed before, it only means that political thread topic allowance mistakes were once made before as well. My quest is more simple in nature.... allow " political threads", by amending the current rules, or else enforce the rules in place that " political threads " are not allowed. It is " really stretching "  to attempt to make any case that this thread is not a " political thread ". Of course, its a " political thread ".

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

" political threads " are not allowed on DCP. If threads of a clearly political nature were mitakenly allowed before, it only means that political thread topic allowance mistakes were once made before as well. My quest is more simple in nature.... allow " political threads", by amending the current rules, or else enforce the rules in place that " political threads " are not allowed. It is " really stretching "  to attempt to make any case that this thread is not a " political thread ". Of course, its a " political thread ".

I feel that you're the only one making this a "     political thread.    "

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stu said:

Why should this subject be allowed to be discussed? Because it is not the 'Governments' money being distributed by the NEA but My money, Your money, Our money.  You are suggesting that we should not be allowed to openly discuss here on DCP the National Endowment of the Arts; which is an entity that does with our money as they please (see the example provided by Garfield); and you want the mods on DCP to stop us from discussing the subject.

I don't think the current rules on " political threads" allow us to have a thread discussion on the the alleged Congressional and/ or Presidential plans for the Dept. of Human Services, or the Dept. of Education, Dept. of Transportation, Dept of Commerce, Dept. of State, etc either Stu.

Or if so, start one, make a political point on it, and lets see if it lasts for hours or days.  It shouldn't. Its not allowed under DCP guidelines for ' political threads ". Same as any other Governmental entity, political discussion on what might take place politically with it. Thats my understanding anyway of the current DCP guidelines re. " political threads ".

Edited by BRASSO

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

I don't think the current rules on " political threads" allow us to have a thread discussion on the the Dept. of Human Services, or the Dept. of Education, either Stu.

So I take it that you were just as stern on us discussing the Colts marching in the last Presidential Inauguration parade?

6 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I don't think the current rules on " political threads" allow us to have a thread discussion on the the Dept. of Human Services, or the Dept. of Education, either Stu.

Or if so, start one, make a political point on it, and lets see if it lasts for hours or days.  And if it should, those " political threads " were not appropriate, and are not allowed under DCP guidelines for ' political threads " either. Thats my understanding anyway of the current DCP guidelines.

Posting Guidelines: Members shall not post --

--threads or posts dealing with forum rules. (See the e-mail link below to do that.)

Hmmmmm......