1 hour ago, BoaDci said:

I DONT BELIEVE THE POST.  I just wanted to know if he actually marched BD and I wanted to know when.  Nothing wrong with that.  

Yes, I played snare for 3 years, 1976, 77, 78

Marched next to ScoJo.   I know I probably have no credibility now, but this post is true.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, c mor said:

Yes, I played snare for 3 years, 1976, 77, 78

Marched next to ScoJo.   I know I probably have no credibility now, but this post is true.

Curious minds want to know,  c mor. Were you a stand in " assistant " marcher next to Scott Johnson on snare, or were you a standalone, bonifide, snare drummer that had no shadow assistant that got up early and did" prelim shows", while you stayed behind fast asleep ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, corpsband said:

very disappointed to find this thread is not about Eric Whitacre :-/

I was thinking about Max Ritcher when I saw it.

1 minute ago, corpsband said:

i was going to watch that BBC performance live but...sleep won.  

Well considering he composed the piece with the question of "how does our brain/dreams respond to music when we're asleep" that would probably be the an appropriate viewing stance.

I like it.  I find it something I can have on in the background while I work and can focus well for a long time.  I've yet to try the 'fall asleep with it playing' though.

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

Well considering he composed the piece with the question of "how does our brain/dreams respond to music when we're asleep"

My sleep rems are ramped up supposedly when the music is R.E.M.

But I have no recorded memory of such to say for certain.

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 6:30 PM, BRASSO said:

Curious minds want to know,  c mor. Were you a stand in " assistant " marcher next to Scott Johnson on snare, or were you a standalone, bonifide, snare drummer that had no shadow assistant that got up early and did" prelim shows", while you stayed behind fast asleep ?

HA!   Great post!

I will have to invoke the senate committee hearing response, "I'm sorry Senator, I have no recollection of that event."

• Like 2

On 1/20/2017 at 0:34 PM, c mor said:

Back when I marched in BD, each member was assigned a personal assistant.  When we arrived at our next housing site in the morning, all the assistants had to go out and cover our spots in the rehearsal while the members slept.   The assistants also performed in prelim shows when they were held the same day as evening finals, while the members only performed at the night show.

Nothing new here.

I've been home here in Baltimore and people think I'm announcing the show they're at.  :tongue:

• Like 1