10 minutes ago, Ghost said:

That's like having a whole back up corps.  That's a lot of meals.  Did these assistants take part in the whole season or just a few shows spread out during the season?

I think this poster might've taken some liberties here in his post in order to generate some humor.

Hard to imagine that any Corps.. including BD..... had " assistants for every marcher",  ( which is what he said )that allowed the regular marchers to sleep in, while the assistants for" each member" in line got up early and performed as proxies " at prelims " ( haha!)

Com'on people... lets not fall prey to " fake news"  here in a gullible, so easily manipulated way. He was joking, ok ? ( lol!!! )

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, c mor said:

Back when I marched in BD, each member was assigned a personal assistant.  When we arrived at our next housing site in the morning, all the assistants had to go out and cover our spots in the rehearsal while the members slept.   The assistants also performed in prelim shows when they were held the same day as evening finals, while the members only performed at the night show.

This was legitimately hilarious. I'm deeply saddened how few people realized you were joking.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ouooga said:

This was legitimately hilarious. I'm deeply saddened how few people realized you were joking.

I don't know.. if people can't read what he actually said,  and thus not quickly understand that he was clearly joking ( including my " ever so serious" reply to him above ), then this makes his comments even funnier for me, imo ( lol!).  I'm not "deeply saddend " at all by his quite clever roost ( lol!)

Edited by BRASSO

As long as they had a safe place to go to talk about their feelings!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ouooga said:

I was actually going to comment on the post right after about how funny I found it, but I wanted to see how many would believe it.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

When did you march them?

BD used this method until 2000. It was the reason their 2000 show was called "Methods of Madness." 

It's said that Dave Gibbs was so upset with all the hoopla with Y2K, that never really came to fruition, that it was time to use a new approach.

Just now, tesmusic said:

BD used this method until 2000. It was the reason their 2000 show was called "Methods of Madness." 

It's said that Dave Gibbs was so upset with all the hoopla with Y2K, that never really came to fruition, that it was time to use a new approach.

I DONT BELIEVE THE POST.  I just wanted to know if he actually marched BD and I wanted to know when.  Nothing wrong with that.  

2 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

I DONT BELIEVE THE POST.  I just wanted to know if he actually marched BD and I wanted to know when.  Nothing wrong with that.  

R E L A X, relax. Never said you believed his post, I was answering the question. You wanted to know when BD used this method, I told you. So it's safe to say he marched pre-2000. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

R E L A X, relax. Never said you believed his post, I was answering the question. You wanted to know when BD used this method, I told you. So it's safe to say he marched pre-2000. 

Ah, go to sleep you guys. Lights out now.