Sign in to follow this  
danielmontoyajr

2017 Guardians D&BC Production Announcement

I'm not liking this cause my daughter is auditioning... :)

... I'm liking it cause I heard some of it and it's a big step forward for them, and really fun to listen to!

Mike

• Like 1

I was really impressed last year, they were the first corps on in Denton and the sound they put out and their ensemble sound was not what I was expecting as all.  Hope we can have three really great drum corps pretty soon, and who knows, maybe more.  

23 hours ago, MikeN said:

I'm not liking this cause my daughter is auditioning... :)

... I'm liking it cause I heard some of it and it's a big step forward for them, and really fun to listen to!

Mike

Glad to hear she is giving Guardians a shot!  Good luck!

One of my favorite shows last year!  Really glad to see how well they did at Michigan City!!!

Sending good wishes to everyone associated the Guardians to safely get through the flooding. I just saw that all interstate routes in and out of Houston are now blocked.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Sending good wishes to everyone associated the Guardians to safely get through the flooding. I just saw that all interstate routes in and out of Houston are now blocked.

Second that. We have family in that area as well. It's looking as bad as I feared it would be.

• Like 1

Waiting for the 2018 topics to start up, but I got a glimpse as to what Guardians are doing in 2018.  Very much in the spirit of the Kanye/Hindemith show, but with a lot more artists, weightier classical integration, and some interesting bells and whistles that I think might make some "first corps to do ..." lists.  Longer tour too, so bigger and better all around. 

Mike (Trying to get *two* children into the corps this year.  My poor checkbook...)