Favorite Original/Orchestral/Vocal/Band Versions of DCI Staple Music Pieces

Franz Biebl's "Ave Maria", known to drum corps fans from Phantom Regiment's 2006 show and also as performed several times by the Renegades in DCA. I first knew from Our Heart's Joy, by Chanticleer, a men's choir out of San Francisco:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Franz Biebl's "Ave Maria", known to drum corps fans from Phantom Regiment's 2006 show and also as performed several times by the Renegades in DCA. I first knew from Our Heart's Joy, by Chanticleer, a men's choir out of San Francisco:

Wow. Follow the link from that video to their live performance of "Shenandoah". That counter-tenor has an amazing voice; he's practically a soprano!

Wow.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Lance said:

okay, not everybody at once. 

I am just now seeing the thread. Not the broadest of categories. Orchestra, Concert Wind, Vocal recordings of DCI Staples. Hm.

Lemme think.

12 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

i have listened to that track many many times.  it's glorious.

For Respighi's "Pines Along the Appian Way" my favorite recording is by Lamberto Gardelli and The Academy of St. Martin in the Fields--shows amazing power and nuance.

Dvorak Symphony #9 Fritz Reiner Chicago Symphony My first recording, loved it since high school

Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" The Canadian Tenors--cheesy, maybe, but we need musical junk food from time to time

"Ecstasy of Gold" from "the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly," Yo Yo Ma plays Ennio Morricone--a musical genius conducted by the composer

Verdi Requium Herbert Von Karajan and Berlin Philharmonic--boy can be bring out the depth of this puppy.

• Like 1