Genesis 2017

7 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Genesis themselves shared that one on Facebook so I think you're good to post that one.

OK! I was just being cautious after seeing JohnD's post in the pinned thread.

For those who missed it, here's a taste of Genesis 2017!

3 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

OK! I was just being cautious after seeing JohnD's post in the pinned thread.

For those who missed it, here's a taste of Genesis 2017!

I think the point of this video is that while it all sounds clean at full speed, the techs are using this software to slow it down and find problems.  Definitely not clean at 70%...  but hey, they only moved in 4 days ago so there is still some time to work!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got to watch first full show run on facebook last night, y'all are going to enjoy Genesis on the World Class tour this year!  Their brass has obviously had the Buckingham brass treatment - they sound much better and more powerful than last year.  They even have some pretty solid high brass sound which they have lacked in previous years.  Show has some interesting music, including quite a bit of Metallica and a new upbeat twist on Pure Imagination.  Looking forward to hearing them from the stands soon!

• Like 1

They were in town for three days at the end of last week. The first chance I had to watch them was when they did a full run through, under the lights, and in uniforms. I wasn't expecting much since it was still spring training for them, but I was really blown away by how good they sounded and looked. They obviously have some cleaning to do, and some bugs to work out with the sound equipment, but I think you're all gonna like show. I liked it so much, I went back the next evening and watched a 2 hour full corps cleaning rehearsal. 

On a side note....I'm a brass repair tech by trade and got to take out dents on 6 of their tuba bells and 3 mellos. Also, a little soldering for an added bonus. I hate taking dents out of tubas, but didn't seem to mind it as much this time :)

• Like 5

Here are some pictures of Genesis performing at Pittsburgh.

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched a video of Genesis and will be seeing them live in a few days.  They appear to have a strong hornlike.  I would like to see their score to start going up.  It seems to have stagnated recently.  They have a nice entertaining show.  

• Like 1

My MMs tell me that the staff is retooling parts of their show. Big changes to ending, singing parts and brass book tweaks.  Can't wait to see them strut their stuff back at home next week.

TEXAS BORN AND BRED!

• Like 3

On 7/12/2017 at 4:35 PM, dcikon2 said:

I just watched a video of Genesis and will be seeing them live in a few days.  They appear to have a strong hornlike.  I would like to see their score to start going up.  It seems to have stagnated recently.  They have a nice entertaining show.  

They put on a nice show in Minneapolis!