Looks like DCA class A corps might be growing

56 minutes ago, Gary Matczak said:

Your point is well taken, however, corps that are looking to be evaluated should look at what their priorities are,....if they are running a winter guard and/or an indoor drumline, all while trying to run a start up corps, are probably taking on too much. If they make the decision to have their eveluation on a day that their indoor programs are on the road, is a choice they make, and should not be laid at the feet of DCA or DCI............

No, not that the corps is also running winter guard/indoor percussion -- with the way competitive guard/percussion work, many members planning to be in a corps will be in their school's or another group's WG/IP line until April and unable to make the corps' rehearsals until then because of scheduling conflicts between the two independent groups.  

I think DCA at least accounts for this, though.  I don't think they just count heads at the rehearsal they show up to.

Edited by jimpjorps
  • Like 1

On 4/13/2017 at 7:51 PM, cabsbaritone said:

Here is my issue with the 35 minimum rule.... And I am speaking as myself not for my corps... DCA wants to evaluate corps before April 1st. During that time in certain parts of the country (Especially the South) tons of people are involved in WGI.   That means that numbers are lacking in Guard and Drumline until...... May(being that WGI Percussion is so late this year)  So a Corps could have a hornline of 26 people and still fail their evaluation due to missing the number.  

Do I personally think someone should field a corps of less than 35 people ... Probably not...But I think someone needs to take a look at the evaluation rules and dates for for the future! 

Again Not  speaking for my corps... but I'm sure you can all read between the lines a little!! 

show lineups are usually finalized in April. Hence the date

On 1/28/2017 at 5:16 AM, Florida Sun said:

Things  are looking good for DCA Class A with a few new corps looking to join the group of corps now completing therfizzede.Hopefully Southern Knights will be there ,Plus i see CMCC is loooking to making a come back been gone to long guys.Talk of another corps coming out of Pittsburg Legacy.Plus a new corps out of N.J Highland Regimment ?Anyone else got any thing to add?What had started to look like a doubling of size this season for Class A has kind of fizzed out .Out of 6 new corps looking to join the ranks only one has made it ,Congrads to Southern Kights look forward to seeing you on the field in DCA this season Class A lost 2 corps ,with the move of Cinn.Tradistion up to open class and Kilties not fielding this year.Have not heard any thing from CCMC Warriors since asking how to go about joining .And still waitting on Legacy from Pittsburgh.Best of luck to thoses that do make it Class A needs new blood .

Cincinnati Tradition will remain Class A for 2017. Any other information on this is incorrect.

Edited by McLovin
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, McLovin said:

Cincinnati Tradition will remain Class A for 2017. Any other information on this is incorrect.

Good to hear.

Figured CT would stay A- right now the DCA website lists Tradition, the T-Birds, Chops, Excelsior, and the Southern Knights as the 5 right now.

I have no clue if anyone from Open will move down. My guess is when the deadline hits, we'll officially know if anyone makes that decision.

With the 5 right now, I figure the competition to be pretty intense. Any one of the 5 that think they can take a coffee break and assumes things are 'good enough'- will be a bit surprised, shocked, and disappointed when the rubber meets the road at a show.

Edited by BigW
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, McLovin said:

thanks for the info.correction 

• 2 weeks later...

Any info.on Legacy yet very quiet ,