Looks like DCA class A corps might be growing

Yes , Much of the Staff, Admin and Members of Solaris were former members of Sun Devils. Before you all ask why... The short story has to do with a rift between Admin/Staff and the former board of directors. That's all I'll say on that. 

We have our next Brass camp on Feb 18th. We are hoping to compete in class A this year as long as we can get approval from DCA.

• Like 2

It's cool Anthony. Things happen. Always does. :satisfied:

As per earlier, is JJ still on board, man? He's one of the conductors that, if I were out there for numbers or an Alumni gig, I WANT in front of me, he inspires and draws the best out of people. I'd be leaning forward ready to play for him, any time.

Whether he'd want to hear what came out my bell is another story, but I'd do my best. :laugh:

Florida is almost like NY......hard to keep a corps whether it's DCI or DCA. At least there is corps in the state but not a lot of support for them over the years. Although Suncoast, Magic and Wave were the top dogs at one time, it is hard to keep things going consistently. I have my own opinion on why there is a hard time to field a corps in the state but I will keep it to myself.

26 minutes ago, jimpjorps said:

Is there a website or Facebook group or contact info for CMCC Warriors?  I haven't found any first-hand information about their 2017 plans online yet, just mentions on DCP about them.

These might be leads for you. A tad pressed for time to do the full blown detective work. :satisfied:

https://www.facebook.com/CmccMinisinkWarriorsDrumAndBugleCorps/

http://warrioralumni.wix.com/cmcc

P.S. Fran... you know what CMCC stands for, we've talked about them before-- please refresh my memory. :worthy:

3 hours ago, BigW said:

P.S. Fran... you know what CMCC stands for, we've talked about them before-- please refresh my memory. :worthy:

City Mission Cadet Corps.

I would love to see these guys back in action. They were a great corps back in the day, circa 1960s-1970s.

We (Sunrisers) benefited quite a bit from having a number of their members join our corps, 1970s-1980s.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

I would love to see these guys back in action. They were a great corps back in the day, circa 1960s-1970s.

We (Sunrisers) benefited quite a bit from having a number of their members join our corps, 1970s-1980s.

Remember them for a year or so at DCA Prelims in the early 80s. Along with Pine Tree Warriors from Maine. Think the DCA score history is a bit confused on that.

4 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

They had a very good corps. They were in lots of local shows with all three years I marched Cadets, 70-72.