2017 Anticipation Thread

I'll just go down the list of last year's finalists and rate my hype for their 2017 season (pre announcement) 1-10 and why. 

1. Bluecoats - 9 - Always innovating always entertaining. Very interested to see what they do.

2. Blue Devils - 6 - We know what we're gonna get with them. Out of the box idea showing off technical prowess. 

3. Crown - 8 - Always love to see what they do. Just love hearing more of that big, bad (bad meaning good) brass

4. Vanguard - 5 - Hype for them from me is always relatively low and I'm always blown away. They'll do their thing. 

5. Cavaliers - 4 - Don't think that design wise they'll top Propaganda

6. Cadets - 7 - Lot of things changing. It's do or die this year for them in my eyes. 

7. Blue Knights - 5 - Last year was a big turn off for me. 

8. Phantom Regiment - 3 - Still waiting for them to get back to 08, 10, 11 Phantom. Blow me away. Don't think it's gonna happen. 

9. Blue Stars - 8 - Gut feeling. Also love the writing from that video from Jan camp. 

10. Crossmen - 4 - Haven't loved one of their shows since 2012. 

11. Academy - 10 - Follow up. Follow up. Follow up. You're on the map now. Stay there. Grow the brand. 

12. Boston Crusaders - 11 - Please let it be Aug 11 now. I need to see what they do. Please. 

Edited by brassdude6171

Just now, BoaDci said:

Blue Devils get an 11 from me.  Calling it now, all jazz show.

Couldn't love this any more than I imagine I would. 

1 hour ago, brassdude6171 said:

10. Crossed - 4 - Haven't loved one of their shows since 2012. 

Boo! Boo! (just imagine the lady from "The Princess Bride" saying that at you right now!) lol 

• Like 2

I've been a huge fan of the direction that the Bluecoats have taken with Tilt, Kinetic Noise, and Downside Up (and even the underappreciated To Look for America in 2013).  But they have a huge challenge for 2017 and beyond: building their now easily identifiable style without becoming repetitive or cliched. Great artists can create a distinctive style and sustain it without losing that initial spark. I think there's a lot of space for the Bluecoats design team to do this, but this year will be their big test.

• Like 3

I don't think its possible for me to describe my hype for the season. Most of the finalists corps, or just outside, have something to prove, either to show that the past year wasn't a fluke (Academy, Bluecoats), or placement this year was a fluke (Cadets,Madison,BAC,BD). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jimthetuba said:

I don't think its possible for me to describe my hype for the season. Most of the finalists corps, or just outside, have something to prove, either to show that the past year wasn't a fluke (Academy, Bluecoats), or placement this year was a fluke (Cadets,Madison,BAC,BD). 

The fight for last spot in finals is gonna be CRAZY.