Heard there was a rumor in dispute and you needed proof

4 hours ago, BRASSO said:

In amateur college sports, if a player on athletic scholarship transfers to another school, the new school might provide him a scholarship. However, the idea that such player that transferred would have to pay back the scholarship monies to the previous school is prohibited from being done by NCAA rules and regs.

It will be interesting to see how that gets affected if this moves forward:

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2017/02/02/nlrb-general-counsel-says-private-college-football-players-are-employees

4 hours ago, ouooga said:

For all those who are anti Crown on this matter, do you also get angry at your cell phone carrier for expecting you to pay your bill? Or for enforcing early cancellation fees when they're clearly written in that paperwork you signed in exchange for half off your iPhone?

Well, we don't know how "clearly written" the contract was. There's a reason that government steps in from time to time to attempt to regulate industries that mislead their customers. And you shouldn't need to have to consult a lawyer to join a drum corps. Not saying that Crown's contract was opaque, just that we don't know one way or the other.

1 minute ago, jimthetuba said:

Can I just say this thread really impresses me, checked it early today and it only had 6 pages check in now and it has 22. I guess controversy spreads fast.

If it bleeds, it leads.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimthetuba said:

Can I just say this thread really impresses me, checked it early today and it only had 6 pages check in now and it has 22. I guess controversy spreads fast.

Hey  I stayed out until the can of polish besmirched my good (user)name !! 

At the end of the day, I guess I just feel that some kids are not being treated very well by an organization.  You can spin it any way you choose...concoct tales of secret lists, etc, but the fact remains (and verified by the original poster--whom I do not know) that Crown members are required to pay back scholarships if they switch to a different corps the following year. 

I simply have never heard of that before and it just doesn't sound right to me. That's all there is to it.  I should think that I am as entitled to voice my opinion on a discussion forum as much as anyone else

• Like 2