Heard there was a rumor in dispute and you needed proof

22 minutes ago, garfield said:

Well, it's sort of like Liahona was the AP and garfield was CNN. Two different journalistic outfits; two different sources. And the sources in both cases have biases (as we all do) and share with the journalists in a way that makes them look best.

Ughh.  I'm not sure I'm comfortable...can I be The Economist or the WSJ?

Heh. A Wall Street Journal reporter? Sure. The news side of the WSJ is cool by me.

(See the really cool chart here that attempts to plot out how different organizations compare both in terms of their biases and the depth of their analysis.)

Just now, N.E. Brigand said:

Heh. A Wall Street Journal reporter? Sure. The news side of the WSJ is cool by me.

(See the really cool chart here that attempts to plot out how different organizations compare both in terms of their biases and the depth of their analysis.)

Can I be Russia Today?  PLEEAAASSE????

I'll change my avatar to

MZqEz9p.png

• Like 1

I read the entire thread; took an hour.

Already covered:

1) DCI's policy on switching corps. 

2) Crown's payback policy. 

Not covered:

1) what happens if BAC allows member to march knowing the outstanding debt exists? 

2) does the member have recourse against Crown since - for all intents and purposes - Crown's instructional leadership had changed so drastically that the member can claim "bait n switch?" IOW Crown is an intitely different organization as far as the member is concerned (esp if the rumors are true that said instructional leadership was instrumental in recruiting said member) Might render the contract unenforceable. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Of course Craiga, Brasso, and Ghost will be Cardinal Ximénez, Cardinal Biggles and Cardinal Fang.

W9KwlKy.jpg

Edited by corpsband

Just so y'all know....

I am the FSTM responsible for hiding the previous thread on this topic. It has not been deleted, rather it has been hidden and that thread, and this whole topic will be reviewed by the Community Administrators. Having just had the tedious task of reading through 26 pages of THIS thread, I will leave this open for now, but this too is drifting close to being shut down. To that end, let's all keep to the FACTS, refrain from personal attacks and keep civil. If we can't do that I will shut this down very quickly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, corpsband said:

Of course Craiga, Brasso, and Ghost will be Cardinal Ximénez, Cardinal Biggles and Cardinal Fang.

I did not expect that.

• Like 1

This isn't anything new. Organizations that give out scholarships consider them an investment -- they come with obligations. No foul here.

Personally, I'm not a fan of such terms for an activity such as drum corps (which would be a better discussion in itself, than what's taking place here), but Crown's not the only corps that does this.

1 hour ago, corpsband said:

I don't think I've ever mentioned Craiga.

But to suggest there's not a coordinated action here is absurd.

Consider:

First hints about "a G7 corps who is not the Cadets" were posted in the BAC thread.

The topic gained no traction in the Boston thread so another thread was created.

THAT thread include all sorts of vile name calling of Crown.  But it was deleted.

So ANOTHER thread is created to continue the bashing.  And a personal email from Crown to a FMM is posted (did you get permission from Crown to post that?) .

And this all just innocent behavior based on information that someone found -- what -- written on a bathroom wall? 

Please.  

<rant>

This is pure BS...now I am MAD..seriously mad...I said nothing yesterday while a lot of you were raking me over the coals in the other deleted thread about the very idea of a scholarship not even existing...basically saying the whole thing was made up out of of thin air and that there was no proof...I was called out for just spreading some sort of rumor and on and on and on...did I complain about it then...NO as I have a pretty thick skin...

At some time later in the evening my thread was deleted...I didn't even know that actually..someone PM'd me and I thought to myself..Well that is really odd...I then asked around to some close friends...have you ever seen a thread deleted before etc?... and everyone I talked to said no they did not...I thought to myself..okay..well I guess that is that...for whatever reason the mod's decided to pull it...and I was pretty much ready to move on to something else...then sometime very late last night this thread showed up with that email to my surprise..I don't even know who this OP is btw...never talked to him or her...To say that this is some coordinated effort is OVER THE TOP...

</rant>

4 minutes ago, Liahona said:

<rant>

and I was pretty much ready to move on to something else...then sometime very late last night this thread showed up with that email to my surprise..I don't even know who this OP is btw...never talked to him or her...To say that this is some coordinated effort is OVER THE TOP...

</rant>

Really.  Because in the deleted thread it said the proof would be posted within 24hrs.  How could it possibly have been a surprise? :doh:

Edited by corpsband

44 minutes ago, corpsband said:

It's a matter of record. 

Boston tells Crown about FMM's contracted by Boston. 

Crown informs those FMMs about their outstanding debt.

Bazinga. 

Why are you calling BS? 

I misunderstood what you were talking about...I think? :dontgetit:

...of course Boston told Crown about the marching member...that is freaking what they are supposed to do...GEEZ