Heard there was a rumor in dispute and you needed proof

My question: Why is Crown signing members to multi-year contracts, and why on earth would any member accept that sort of clause? Drum corps, by design, is a year-to-year activity.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 7

I've removed the link to an image of a personal email that was shared without the author's permission - something that is contrary to the Community Guidelines.

Carry on - but only if you have something constructive to offer.

Don't make me come back in here.  It won't be pretty.  :sneaky:

Have a nice day.

-john

25 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

Ok, what are you guys talking about....(sorry I had to be that ONE guy who asks XD)

RAMD is google group Rec Arts Marching DrumCorps, sort of an unmoderated, wild-west ancestor of DCP.   It still exists (I just looked).  We are referring to an individual who was (& may still be) active on that site (& supposedly is banned for life from joining DCP).  You really don't want to know more than that.

BRASSO - anything to add?

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
clarity

11 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

RAMD is google group Rec Arts Marching DrumCorps, sort of an unmoderated, wild-west ancestor of DCP.   It still exists (I just looked).  We are referring to an individual who was (& may still be) active on that site (& supposedly is banned for life from joining DCP).  You really don't want to know more than that.

BRASSO - anything to add?

Anything to add on RAMD ?  Nothing I can think of at the moment but gravel.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, craiga said:

BAC is a 77 year old drum corps.  My personal point of view comes from the fact that for much of that history (especially during the DCI era), the corps had to withstand the constant movement of kids (and staff) from Boston to higher ranking corps.  There were no complaints. It was what it was.

Now however, after the past 15 or so years of the corps reinventing itself, achieving the long-elusive top 12 status, and working feverishly to reach an unprecedented level of financial stability....now suddenly that this "flow of talent" has reversed,  we find the shoe on the other foot.   

Hahahaha. No complaints!!!???

8 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Hahahaha. No complaints!!!???

Well, theres always tomorrow.

21 hours ago, garfield said:

Wow, this is really sad.

One day in our past, only a handshake was necessary to bind a contract.

What a shame this opinion is apparently still around.

OH THE IRONY! (but DCP is absolutely not a place for political posts)

13 hours ago, BRASSO said:

You make a valid point. Sorry for that transgression. For the offense, I will get down and do 24 pushups (.... albeit, 1 per month. )

27 push-ups ... and you have to vocalize 27!

• Like 1