Heard there was a rumor in dispute and you needed proof

27 minutes ago, corpsband said:

not a single untruth.  not one. 

and im not personally attacking anyone.  

Corpsband is Mr. Nice Guy !

Edited by BRASSO

1 hour ago, corpsband said:

wait -- saying ########  is legal on DCP?  who knew!! 

LOL...well perhaps it wasn't added to a prohibited language "filter" when they installed the new template...Does anyone want to experiment with this in it's own thread? :ninja:   ...I'm sure mod's will take notice...

I'm staying clear...

Edited by MikeD
Language
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Liahona said:

LOL...well perhaps it wasn't added to a prohibited language "filter" when they installed the new template...Does anyone want to experiment with this in it's own thread? :ninja:   ...I'm sure mod's will take notice...

I'm staying clear...

I got this.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I think it's time for everyone to lay this to rest already.  The discussion has pretty much stopped on all sides......

(goes back to fox hole to avoid shelling) 

Last nite, I suggested that this thread had about run its course, and I was done with it. Then Corpsband comes back today with a pretty odorous " summary post " above. Perhaps I should have left that laundry list of nitwittery go, but couldn't resist, as it was attempting to portray Boston as somehow a " victim " here, but Boston is not the victim, and does not claim as such., and is not looking for sympathies from anyone on this matter. If anyone is a " victim " it would be the former CC marchers and their Parents. This is a CC issue, between the CC Mgt. and its former CC marchers.  Boston is a 3rd party to this happening. So I just needed to correct that bogus narrative attempt on the part of Corpsband to spin this into something it clearly is not.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Liahona said:

If all these members apparently owe money then perhaps Crown needs to better manage their finances...and not allow them to march until dues are paid..oh wait it's called tuition...I don't know ANY college that let's you finish the course without receiving FULL payment for that course...

Im gonna be sorry I weighed in for sure BUT you are right. Unfortunately we in the activity still feel it's about the kid so to speak sometimes and get taken in by the talent or want to be in the activity. There have been many MMS winter, summer and fall who have made it an art form stiffing groups. 

With that said, many corps have been screwed BUT on the other hand there have also been several corps letting those who owe others in. Corps from top to bottom are sick of it as well as it has destroyed some groups to the point they are history now. Their own fault? sure with the help of others? could be.

I will just say I believe there is way more to this story ( there usually is ) than is expressed on either parts here. Speaking generally as one who see's many contracts year round and interview hundreds of potential members in all aspects of the activity imo it is not one corps place to decide what another's reasons or rules on money or how one wants their own contracts to read BUT need to respect it.

A question might be if there are all these MMs who received so called scholarships , do they need them again? Maybe some research should be done how often they might or may not have done this . As I said some have made art forms out of screwing one group  yet coming up with the money needed for others. 

I am not saying this is the case here BUT have seen the argument many times before. Just a thought.

30 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I'm staying clear...

hold my beer...

• Like 2