Circular breathing

Isn't this done by a lot from the Hornline? If so, should there be an entry or a small section on this Wikipedia page?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circular_breathing

Mike Phillips the sax player from Atlanta who performed the National Anthem in the NFC Championship used circular breathing in the big note at the end of SSB. It is fun to watch!

• Like 1

It's never been common. It's a skill I am sure random members of various corps through history may have experienced with it, and a handful may have learned to do it and utilize it, but as BoaDci pointed out, it is VERY difficult to do, and not a technique that a staff is going to spend a great deal of time teaching due to its difficulty and less than practical approach.

• Like 1

It's actually a lot easier to do than most people think. I don't see a need for it in a DCI hornline since you can just stagger breathe on any really long notes.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, frachel said:

It's actually a lot easier to do than most people think. I don't see a need for it in a DCI hornline since you can just stagger breathe on any really long notes.

Its a team activity

So you breathe in through your nose while blowing out air from your cheeks. I may fall down the stairs just trying to think about this. 

• Like 1