Dci Live

1 hour ago, DrumManTx said:

http://www.flomarching.com/events

Question answered.  DCI events are listed at the bottom.  I REALLY hope they have improved since BOA this fall or I am going to be incredibly dissapointed in this.  I will give it a chance but I'm very cautious right now...

I believe the two events listed showing Flomarching are a test.  They have not improved at all since BOA. This gives them the opportunity to show DCI what kind of production capabilities they have.   WGI productions have been terrible.  DCI has three years left  on a contract with their current  provider for all the major DCI events. My predication is  that Flomarching will fail in their attempt to get DCI to switch.   We will see. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dcifanforlife said:

I believe the two events listed showing Flomarching are a test.  They have not improved at all since BOA. This gives them the opportunity to show DCI what kind of production capabilities they have.   WGI productions have been terrible.  DCI has three years left  on a contract with their current  provider for all the major DCI events. My predication is  that Flomarching will fail in their attempt to get DCI to switch.   We will see. 

I hope you're right.  I just watched the Indianapolis WGI Percussion finals today and was very disappointed with the video presentation as it seemed amateurish.  Surely, SURELY DCI is not going to entrust our beautiful drum corps competitions to this poor caliber of camera work. 

Edited by RetiredMusTeach
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

I hope you're right.  I just watched the Indianapolis WGI Percussion finals today and was very disappointed with the video presentation as it seemed amateurish.  Surely, SURELY DCI is not going to entrust our beautiful drum corps competitions to this poor caliber of camera work. 

We are so spoiled with the productions from Tom Blair...anything else is an amateur showcase...

• Like 6

After my experience with Flo for the BOA season I am  COMPLETELY ok with DCI sticking with the service they used last year. DCI is a small enough organization and there are enough people on these forums with connections that we can surely flood the people in charge with our feelings on this issue, right?

• Like 1

On 3/11/2017 at 0:08 PM, DrumManTx said:

http://www.flomarching.com/events

Question answered.  DCI events are listed at the bottom.  I REALLY hope they have improved since BOA this fall or I am going to be incredibly dissapointed in this.  I will give it a chance but I'm very cautious right now...

Either they have pulled the DCI event listings or I am doing something wrong.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

FloMarching is covering WGI and they're dropping the ball once again.  Asked some out of state friends and others if they were having the same issues as I was and they are.  

Independent World feed is unwatchable right now.  Video quality looks like a 240p Youtube video on HD, the audio cuts out or is completely out of sync and sounds like it is coming through a tin can, Guess FloMarching is too chicken #### to put a review system on their Facebook page. video is skipping, stopping, and stuttering all over the place, and the quality wasn't all that great in the first place.  

There were event pages for DCI at one point on their site, but those have since been removed.  I really hope so, because it doesn't seem like anything has gotten better since their BOA coverage this fall which was absolute garbage.  

Here is to hoping DCI made the right choice.  

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

FloMarching is covering WGI and they're dropping the ball once again.  Asked some out of state friends and others if they were having the same issues as I was and they are.  

Independent World feed is unwatchable right now.  Video quality looks like a 240p Youtube video on HD, the audio cuts out or is completely out of sync and sounds like it is coming through a tin can, Guess FloMarching is too chicken #### to put a review system on their Facebook page. video is skipping, stopping, and stuttering all over the place, and the quality wasn't all that great in the first place.  

There were event pages for DCI at one point on their site, but those have since been removed.  I really hope so, because it doesn't seem like anything has gotten better since their BOA coverage this fall which was absolute garbage.  

Here is to hoping DCI made the right choice.  

it's really easy to put a video feed.   it's really hard (and expensive) to put up stream that will smoothly and transparently scale from low demand to high demand.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, corpsband said:

it's really easy to put a video feed.   it's really hard (and expensive) to put up stream that will smoothly and transparently scale from low demand to high demand.  

Pretty much every marching arts feed I watched until FloMarchinf has seemingly taken over has been perfectly fine.