Dci Live

dci live has been pretty amazing for me besides some sound issues at certain venues

i always just make sure to use a wired connection, and use an hdmi cord from pc to tv

i plan on buying it again this year, and will probably continue until i encounter problems

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

FloMarching is covering WGI and they're dropping the ball once again. 

DCI sent out a survey about video services earlier this year, and the message I tried to drive home in my replies was that FloMarching did a bad job with BOA, and DCI absolutely should not consider using their services.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

DCI sent out a survey about video services earlier this year, and the message I tried to drive home in my replies was that FloMarching did a bad job with BOA, and DCI absolutely should not consider using their services.

Ditto.

Also, there is a "questions and feedback" option on the FloSports contact page. http://www.flosports.tv/contact/ It's not like a public feedback option but it is something. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Precious Roy said:

I would assume FloMarching is the same outfit that does FloWrestling, among other "Flo" events. Sounds like the overall sentiment of FloMarching parallels that of FloWrestling with the wrestling folks, i.e. not good.

Yes it is the same outfit.  I first subscribed to watch my granddaughter's Sacramento State track and field where she participates.  Their coverage of T&F events is spotty.  I join the many voices raised to urge DCI to stay with the same outfit they used last year.  I thought the live streaming was excellent.

I for one just want way less compression of the video. It was hardly 720p, there were artifacts like crazy on the images. Also, I don't know why in this day and age it wasn't offered in 1080p.

9 hours ago, Clutchtow said:

I for one just want way less compression of the video. It was hardly 720p, there were artifacts like crazy on the images. Also, I don't know why in this day and age it wasn't offered in 1080p.

Compression and resolution are not the same thing. You can have a glorious 1080p source, but lots of digital artifact due to poor compression, stream lag, or the inability for your GPU to properly render the source (which can also be a software issue).

I am all in when it comes to DCI Live. Have been since the early days of the Fan Network (2004 or so???).  DCI has gone from showing a few live Cinecasts each year (which is fantastic) to offering 12 to 14 shows for the home viewer who has no way of traveling. It was not so pretty at first, but even then I thought it was cool. They have continually improved the quality over the years. For me, the $69 subscription is perfect and I have never regretted the cost.  Some stadiums present different issues, acoustically and/or electronically.  But for an older-timer (51 now) like me, if there ever was a technology that could be used for more profit to the corps and DCI, but also for fan awareness (keeping up with the activity -- advertisements, marketing) and fan enjoyment (seeing shows we could never see live before), the advance of live internet viewing was it. I haven't always been wild about every advance the activity has made, but Live streaming is awesome!  

P.S. It was nice when we could watch a show later if we had to work and missed a live viewing. The old Fan Network offered that, but I fully understand the fight DCI and other arts organizations are in when it comes to content ownership, rights, and costs. 

FloMarching had serious issues Friday with WGI. I wasn't able to watch other days but I let my feelings be known. They obviously didn't have enough capacity to handle the demand 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

P.S. It was nice when we could watch a show later if we had to work and missed a live viewing. The old Fan Network offered that, but I fully understand the fight DCI and other arts organizations are in when it comes to content ownership, rights, and costs. 

So why not simply record the stream? There is plenty of software available to do it, and it's perfectly legal.