Favorite Show from Genesis - Our New WC Member

Favorite Genesis Show  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Genesis show?

• 2010 - One Night in the Valley
    • 2011 - Big Top After Dark
    • 2012 - Epic
    • 2013 - mOZaic
    • 2014 - Art of Darkness
    • 2015 - Phantom Revisited
    • 2016 - Hell Hath no Fury

Just thought it'd be fun to drum up some discussion on World Classes newest member.  I think they bring a really fresh voice, they seem to trend towards darker shows although their announced 2017 show seems a bit brighter in nature.  

Always really powerful, aggressive, and not at all afraid to take on a really difficult program.  I first saw them back in 2011 with the dark circus show which was easily one of my favorite Open Class shows that year, really fun and twisted take on the cliche circus music stuff.  I loved their take on Phantom of the Opera, I thought it was really fresh but still made their own mark on something that's hallowed ground in DCI.  Last years visual program was spectacular and incredibly powerful musically.  

• Like 1

I didn't see their shows in 2010 or 2011. Always tickled to watch video of Open Class performances from 2012 because I can see my car parked behind the stadium, but I didn't care much for "Epic". Of the rest: "Hell Hath No Fury" > "Phantom Revisited" > "mOZaic" > "Art of Darkness".

Sounds like my mom and the Boston Crusaders. They were at the first drum corps show she ever attended in 1990 (where they finished fourth, about two weeks before finishing 15th at championships), which was only my second time ever seeing drum corps, and she had very fond memories of visits to Boston, which may have contributed to her especially positive reaction. 

• Like 1

I'm a little too close to them to have any objective opinions, but I love both 2015 and 2016. 2015 had a lot of great general effect moments and I really enjoyed the music. But 2016 was a huge step up in power, technical difficulty and they spent much of the show over 200 bpm. But I would say by far my favorite so far is 2017, based on what I've seen so far.

• Like 1