Corps That Still Have Spots to Fill

I would imagine Cadets will have a smaller Front Ensemble Percussion section, to accommodate the 8 Choir members. The singers will most likely be expected to stand front and center for the show, similar to FE personnel. So my guess, the addition of the 8 singers in front will be subtracted from the usual FE percussionists that are front and center. But I'm just really guessing here, as I have no clue what the Cadets will be going with this summer, numbers wise, per their Corps sections.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, corpsband said:

80-75=5

where are the other 3 coming from?  (esp. if they're marching 40 guard!) 

smaller FE? 

Probably. I think I recall them saying early on they would trim FE and guard to accommodate vocalists but I guess they added guard back and its brass and FE cut backs.

Edited by Tobias

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

s I would imagine Cadets will have a smaller Front Ensemble Percussion section, to accommodate the 8 Choir members. The singers will most likely be expected to stand front and center for the show, similar to FE personnel. So my guess, the addition of the 8 singers in front will be subtracted from the usual FE percussionists that are front and center. But I'm just really guessing here, as I have no clue what the Cadets will be going with this summer, numbers wise, per their Corps sections.

With the microphoning options shown in earlier seasons by BD horn soloists and last season's Canton Bloo, don't presume that the way Crown did it well several years ago is the only way it  can be done well. The shifting focus of today's staging opens the options to new possibilities particularly with a new drillwriter and visual consultants/coordinators. New seasons, new opportunities. Have you never watched an episode of Glee? We shall see, and hear. 

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 9:39 PM, BRASSO said:

The Couchmen Unit have an open seat for an Oral Presenter & Spinner. Someone text Corpsband to see if he's available, and not practicing his leg lifts on the Ottomon Unit anymore ( lol!)

:cry::crazy::sumo:

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

The Couchmen are reporting a remaining spot still available for an experienced Mime.

The versatility to switch positions in a quiet, subdued manner is considered an advantage to prospective applicants.

Also, the Couchmen reportedly have exciting openings for 3-5 talented and quiet sitters in their middle sections. No experience necessary. Will train highly motivated individuals. There is also no fee required to be paid to the Couchmen for their sit down internship training as an added bonus incentive for the 3-5 middle sitters that will camp out. Couchmen are reportedly looking to have a much stronger and more formidable middle section than INT will in 2017.

Edited by BRASSO

9 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

The Couchmen are reporting a remaining spot still available for an experienced Mime.

The versatility to switch positions in a quiet, subdued manner is considered an advantage to prospective applicants.

Also, the Couchmen reportedly have exciting openings for 3-5 enterprising volunteers in their Kitchen Crew, and Cleanup Crew Sections. No experience necessary. Will train highly motivated individuals.

Im a longtime Couchmen vet, can confirm.

14 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

Im a longtime Couchmen vet, can confirm.

Openings for Kitchen Crew, Clean Up, and Silent Sit Downers... and one experienced Mime

Sofa these are the last remaining openings at the Couchmen.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Also, the Couchmen reportedly have exciting openings for 3-5 talented and quiet sitters in their middle sections. No experience necessary. Will train highly motivated individuals. There is also no fee required to be paid to the Couchmen for their sit down internship training as an added bonus incentive for the 3-5 middle sitters that will camp out. Couchmen are reportedly looking to have a much stronger and more formidable middle section than INT will in 2017.

Oh boy!  This sounds like a corps for me, a retired music teacher with arthritis.  Do you know where I can send an audition video?  I really come off best in my Lazyboy with the feet up - do you think that will hurt my chances of getting a spot?

10 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Isn't the Pinball Wizard that the Who sang about an alumni of the Couchmen?