Need help for a school project (about DCI)

Not sure if this is the right forum but

Hi!

My name is Irene, and I am a junior in high school. I am in my school's International Baccalaureate (IB) program. As part of getting our diploma, IB students have to write a research paper known as the Extended Essay (EE). I am writing my EE about DCI.

For my EE, I writing a comparative essay about the transition between the mediums of musical theater and DCI. The essay will focus on three shows (Sky Ryders 1988, Santa Clara Vanguard 1989 and Santa Clara Vanguard 2013) and will include musical analysis, visual analysis and interviews with staff.
Would any of you happen to have the names of the visual coordinator, program coordinator, brass arranger/composer, percussion arranger and color guard designer for Santa Clara Vanguard's 1989 and 2013 shows, or know where I could find them?

Thank you so much! :)
Edited by IreneDreamer

14 minutes ago, IreneDreamer said:

Not sure if this is the right forum but

Hi!

My name is Irene, and I am a junior in high school. I am in my school's International Baccalaureate (IB) program. As part of getting our diploma, IB students have to write a research paper known as the Extended Essay (EE). I am writing my EE about DCI.

For my EE, I writing a comparative essay about the transition between the mediums of musical theater and DCI. The essay will focus on three shows (Sky Ryders 1988, Santa Clara Vanguard 1989 and Santa Clara Vanguard 2013) and will include musical analysis, visual analysis and interviews with staff.
Would any of you happen to have the names of the visual coordinator, program coordinator, brass arranger/composer, percussion arranger and color guard designer for Santa Clara Vanguard's 1989 and 2013 shows, or know where I could find them?

Thank you so much! :)

Sent you a PM with SCV info, as well as a link to their historical site that gives year by year member and staff details.

Cool idea for a paper!

You may find this article of assistance for 1989.

If it doesn't violate your class rules, please consider sharing drafts of your paper, or excerpts thereof, with the forum. I'm sure you'd get some excellent feedback.

7 minutes ago, garfield said:

I wonder and can't remember, what Gino at SCV in '89?

Here's the staff as listed on their historical archive:

Staff Members:
Director: G.R. Royer

Brass: Rick South, Gordon Henderson, Marty Rhees

Percussion: Ralph Hardimon, Glen Crosby, Kent Cater, Lee Rudnicki, Robbie Tompkins, Bob Morrison, Jeff Lee

Color Guard: Wes Cartwright, Sheri McGinnis, Kathy Magee

Drill Design: Myron Rosander

Visual: Myron Rosander, Len Kruszecki, Dan DiLullo, Loren Schneider

Drum Majors: Gary Butera, John Meng
Guard Captain: Juliette Tandoc

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

Here's the staff as listed on their historical archive:

Staff Members:
Director: G.R. Royer

Brass: Rick South, Gordon Henderson, Marty Rhees

Percussion: Ralph Hardimon, Glen Crosby, Kent Cater, Lee Rudnicki, Robbie Tompkins, Bob Morrison, Jeff Lee

Color Guard: Wes Cartwright, Sheri McGinnis, Kathy Magee

Drill Design: Myron Rosander

Visual: Myron Rosander, Len Kruszecki, Dan DiLullo, Loren Schneider

Drum Majors: Gary Butera, John Meng
Guard Captain: Juliette Tandoc

Really, Cartwright was on staff!?

Just now, BoaDci said:

Really, Cartwright was on staff!?

According to their historical site: https://www2.scvanguard.org/history/

It's actually quite wonderful. I wish more corps had this type of info on their sites. BD also has this same info on their site, minus the 2000 bass drummer who was taken off all rosters from 1999 and 2000.

• Like 1