2017 DCI Annual Meeting, Details from the "Janual"

1 hour ago, garfield said:

Regarding the posted 13 million dollar total with the noted improvement in regionals, I wonder how much of that increase money is overall increased people-in-seats buying tickets as compared to how much is because the price of DCI tickets increased for local shows, regionals, and Indy.

More research needed here which will keep Garfield busy, even with the duplicate thread.

On 2/8/2017 at 9:48 PM, xandandl said:

Regarding the posted 13 million dollar total with the noted improvement in regionals, I wonder how much of that increase money is overall increased people-in-seats buying tickets as compared to how much is because the price of DCI tickets increased for local shows, regionals, and Indy.

More research needed here which will keep Garfield busy, even with the duplicate thread.

Yea, I think attendance numbers would reveal this, and I'm sure they have (or, I hope to God they have) average ticket prices for every event; at least I'm sure that data is reported to DCI from every event.

I'm not sure what Jeff's point is.  Yes, DCI only gets so "performance fee" per corps from each TEP, but they set the prices and there's ZERO competition.

1 hour ago, garfield said:

Yea, I think attendance numbers would reveal this, and I'm sure they have (or, I hope to God they have) average ticket prices for every event; at least I'm sure that data is reported to DCI from every event.

I'm not sure what Jeff's point is.  Yes, DCI only gets so "performance fee" per corps from each TEP, but they set the prices and there's ZERO competition.

Somewhat on topic...LOL...

How do you guys, as a show sponsor, determine what the ticket prices will be for that show? Do you get any input from the DCI home office on that, or is it strictly your call?

2 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Somewhat on topic...LOL...

How do you guys, as a show sponsor, determine what the ticket prices will be for that show? Do you get any input from the DCI home office on that, or is it strictly your call?

Strictly supply and demand, but we consider the lineup, the show date, the schedule of other shows in our area, and ticket prices for those shows.  Then we consider the things that are unique to our venue.

I've had more than one corps director say that we are under-pricing our show's potential by as much as 50% (consider the source).

I built a live spreadsheet that lets us adjust prices on a seat-by-seat basis to determine the impact on the total potential stadium revenue.

We don't get any input from DCI (although I'm confident they'd offer their insight if we needed it) and they don't really care what we charge, so long as we cover their contract costs.  

5 hours ago, garfield said:

Strictly supply and demand, but we consider the lineup, the show date, the schedule of other shows in our area, and ticket prices for those shows.  Then we consider the things that are unique to our venue.

I've had more than one corps director say that we are under-pricing our show's potential by as much as 50% (consider the source).

I built a live spreadsheet that lets us adjust prices on a seat-by-seat basis to determine the impact on the total potential stadium revenue.

We don't get any input from DCI (although I'm confident they'd offer their insight if we needed it) and they don't really care what we charge, so long as we cover their contract costs.  

Thanks!!!   All these years around drum corps, and I never knew exactly how that worked. LOL

I know of at least one other show sponsor... they no longer run shows... who, like you, also were told by some that they charged less for tickets than they probably could have. 

Not easy to keep prices down in this day and age, I'm sure.