Muppet show

18 minutes ago, ibexpercussion said:

...but who in DCI could play the part of Waldorf and Statler?

latest?cb=20110325180958

I was just going to say that I would love to hear Statler and Waldorf's commentary on some of DCI's recent shows.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeD said:

True...who wouldn't like to hear this on the field...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N_tupPBtWQ

I saw your link and immediately thought, "I hope it's 'Mah Nà Mah Nà'"!

I have a Muppets album that includes that one and some other gems. Note that this piece uses "Lullaby of Birdland" as a bridge.

Hmm, checking Wikipedia I find that the tune originally comes from a Swedish exploitation film. Crown might appreciate the title: Svezia, inferno e paradiso!

• Like 1

It could be done but I do it a bit more abstractly and pull heavily from the original Muppet movie, treat it as a cross country adventure show. The back half of the show could pull from this,Finale: The Magic Store (From "The Muppet Movie"/Soundtrack Version) the ending tag is very BD 2014   

I could see Academy, Blue Star, Crown, Surf or Colts   doing it

Movin' right along . . .

4 hours ago, BoaDci said:

Huh, Ive always thought a Nightmare Before Christmas/ Tim Burton show would be cool, and Academy proved me right this past year.  Muppets could be interesting, I feel like BD could probably do it the best considering their history in character developement this past year in The Tempest.

Unless someone could lock up all the necessary rights wAAAAAAy ahead of time, I would prefer we all avoid the Tim Burton music entirely.

Another "I wish VK was still around" idea.  I don't think you could avoid it being cheesy so you'd need a corps willing to cheese it up in a fun way.  Academy might be able to actually do it, they made a cheesy Mary Poppins idea work.  

7 hours ago, tesmusic said:

I was just introducing my kids to the Muppets the other night, by starting with the 2011 movie, and some other excerpts from their various shows/movies, and it got me thinking. Could a corps do a Muppet style show, and still be competitive.

There is some great music, in the right hands, that would be great, but could also be expanded beyond music specifically within the Muppet catalog. Not to mention the colors, costumes, characters, etc.

There's also so many subtle jokes and innuendos, that are all over.

So my question is, could it be done? Would it be done?

Just a random thought in February.

The Muppets Show was insanely creative.  Probably loads of good material for a show.