When does Open Class get a 2017 Show Announcement Pinned topic?

On 3/8/2017 at 3:17 PM, CHRISP said:

Who is Arsenal?

On 3/8/2017 at 3:23 PM, RetiredMusTeach said:

A brand new corps in Albuquerque, NM.

According to Arsenal's own website, they will be a SoundSport unit this year.  They plan on applying for Open Class in 2018.

4 hours ago, PRphan72 said:

According to Arsenal's own website, they will be a SoundSport unit this year.  They plan on applying for Open Class in 2018.

I get excited when I see a new corps starting up in a state which currently has no drum corps.  Wouldn't it be great if every state in the country, including Alaska and Hawaii, had a healthy drum & bugle corps?  I spent my teenage years in NM and have many fond memories of that lovely state.  It looks like they may be playing up their New Mexico heritage as their show features, among other pieces, "Oh Fair New Mexico", the state song, which has a tango feel to it.  I wish them well and will be following their season.  Here's a recording just added to their Facebook page, from their recent camp:

On 2/27/2017 at 1:31 PM, RetiredMusTeach said:

Since I don't see the 2017 pinned Show Announcement yet, here is the information on a Reddit page that has lots of updated information on WC, OC, and DCA:

The Bluecoats show announcement was exactly what I needed in my day. I need to thoroughly thank the person that made that. 

5 hours ago, sagemode67 said:

The Bluecoats show announcement was exactly what I needed in my day. I need to thoroughly thank the person that made that. 

I'm the one who originally posted this information from Reddit but I don't know where the Reddit poster got his information.  It's not out there anywhere on the Bluecoats' website, Facebook, etc.  I hope it's legitimate - but too early to say.  It sure sounds very "Bluecoat-ish".

Edited by RetiredMusTeach
  • Like 1

On 3/10/2017 at 3:54 PM, sagemode67 said:

The Bluecoats director said the show title they posted is not correct. This is from DCW staff.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

The Bluecoats director said the show title they posted is not correct. This is from DCW staff.

I think it was supposed to be a joke haha

• Like 1