I want to bring back the 27th Lancers in animation

I’m working on illustrations for an animation that's a self promo. I have some scenes planned out, a series of comical skits, that take place in England. I want a parade unit to walk by and I want that unit to be the 27th Lancers. England + 27th Lancers = perfect together! 

To pull this off, I’d need a few seconds of film of someone in a 2-7 uniform walking (with the roll step technique) holding a soprano/trumpet or mellophone. But he or she needs to be filmed at a particular angle (a "three quarter" view) to fit the scene. 

I'd like to feature the 1980ish hornline uniform or the 1994 Reunion uni.

Please reply to help me recreate 2-7 playing “Crown Imperial” in my animation! 

Jim Reilly
Brooklyn, New York

Hi guys. I wish I had the legacy set of DVDs and a red set of drums!  

I was friends with Rick Hagey, who passed away a few years ago. Back when we were both in the Bridgemen Alumni, he offered me his '94 uniform. It felt wrong to accept his offer since I was never a member of 2-7. Now all these years later, I wish I'd accepted his offer. #### IT, how shortsighted of me! 

Do you know anyone who still has their 2-7 uni that you can contact?

Hi Ghost. I sent a message to Michael Bouchard of that site earlier. But I see the site hasn't been updated in years so I don't know if anyone will ever get back to me from 27thlancers.org.  :-(

Did you try Denise Bonfiglio, DCI HoFer, whose Dad was the founder/director of @27th for their whole existence? She is also involved in the SCV staff and WGI judging circles. She and her sisters would have tremendous knowledge, networks, and could easily tap into the needed memoribilia.

Xandandl: That's brilliant! I think I just found multiple ways to contact her. Thanks for the tip!

Also Denise can be reached via the 27th Lancers Foundation.

http://27thlancersfoundation.com/www/

Edited by Jurassic Lancer