Cone of silence

22 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

The Corps don't owe us anything. In the offseason, we fans don't owe them anything either . Some of us it should be pointed out however, volunteer freely with our time and energy to help out at their camps, rather than camp out on here all offseason, and attack other fans for " being selfish " . The irony and the hypocrisy of the DCP'er campers who call us " selfish " on here is not lost on those of us that do volunteer freely with our time and energy in the offseason at Corps camps either 2000Cadet.

If I wasn't in the military, I would gladly volunteer my time with any corps that needed it, so you can shove that sanctimony where the sun doesn't shine BRASSO. Some of you CHOSE to volunteer, and instead of implying you're owed something for doing so, you should probably climb off the horse and be happy with the product of your volunteerism during the season. 

8 hours ago, Liahona said:

I didn't start the conversation about it...I'm not complaining about show music...I'm just commenting that the fan disconnect is STUPID. what is this 1980?

It's 2017, as we can clearly see with all the complaining. 

11 hours ago, corpsband said:

Drum corps fans are just psychotic lunatics :-)  

Well... maybe one or two.

The attack on" Drum Corps fans" on here however is one reason " Drum Corps fans " increasingly don't come here any more, imo.

On the whole, I don't share this jaded, cynical view of " Drum Corps fans" expressed too often here on DCP. In my 50 years of experience, " Drum Corps fans " tend to be the most selfless, most generous, most civil, most progressive, most tolerant  ( and most sane ) fan base in the world. But to come on to DCP and to constantly see DCI's Drum Corps fans referred to as " selfish"... or as " psychotic lunatics ", and so forth is a caricature of the DCI Drum Corps fanbase that I frankly do not recognize at all. Its no wonder this DCP Drum Corps Fan Message Board is a veritable echo chamber now. Its not surprising however, given the insulting assessments oftentimes expressed here by a small cadre of Drum Corps fan base complainers and fan base insulters that frequently camp themselves out here on DCP now.

Edited by BRASSO

37 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Some of you CHOSE to volunteer, and instead of implying you're owed something for doing so, you

37 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

If I wasn't in the military, I would gladly volunteer my time with any corps that needed it, so you can shove that sanctimony where the sun doesn't shine BRASSO. Some of you CHOSE to volunteer, and instead of implying you're owed somethin 

I'll stop you right there sailor..... as I do not freely give of my time, energy, money, etc volunteering at Corps camps in the offseason expecting ANYTHING in return. I do so out of selfless endeavor. Period. So you can go polish those sailor shoes of yours and leave me alone. You launched the 1st volley above and called ME" selfish" on here. I only responded to your swipe at me, to set the record straight that when it comes to Drum Corps, I am far from "selfish " , imo.  Besides, merely requesting that Corps produce more offseason, non music show videos, is not a " selfish " request in the least, imo... and other selfless, non insulting Drum Corps fans tend to agree with me on this.

Edited by BRASSO

29 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I'll stop you right there sailor..... as I do not freely give of my time, energy, money, etc volunteering at Corps camps in the offseason expecting ANYTHING in return. I do so out of selfless endeavor. Period. So you can go polish those sailor shoes of yours and leave me alone. You launched the 1st volley above and called ME" selfish" on here. I only responded to your swipe at me, to set the record straight that when it comes to Drum Corps, I am far from "selfish " , imo.  Besides, merely requesting that Corps produce more offseason, non music show videos, is not a " selfish " request in the least, imo... and other selfless, non insulting Drum Corps fans tend to agree with me on this.

Lol you come on here complaining that it's ridiculous for corps not to put out information on the off-season, then get sensitive when someone calls you out for being ridiculous yourself. You never know why they're not putting out information so you might want to relax. Any information is good information in the off-season, but I think it is absolutely ridiculous to complain about something that you would get for free. 

By the way, I don't polish any "sailor shoes". The government doesn't make those. 

45 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Lol you come on here complaining that it's ridiculous for corps not to put out information on the off-season, then get sensitive when someone calls you out for being ridiculous yourself. You never know why they're not putting out information so you might want to relax. Any information is good information in the off-season, but I think it is absolutely ridiculous to complain about something that you would get for free. 

By the way, I don't polish any "sailor shoes". The government doesn't make those. 

He's truly fallen out of his chair and can't get up.  Don't bother.  

And you're right -- we're not "owed" anything.  Any off-season stuff we do get is just gravy.  

imo

(almost forgot)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2000Cadet said:

Lol you come on here complaining that it's ridiculous for corps not to put out information on the off-season, then get sensitive when someone calls you out for being ridiculous yourself.

Oh contraire.. you did not call me silly, or "ridiculous"  above( perfectly fine if you did ). Instead, you called me " selfish ". Big difference, my friend, and that prompted me to reply to that insult from you on this alleged selfishness of mine.

Edited by BRASSO