Cone of silence

2 hours ago, MikeN said:

Having a kiddo going through the rigamarole of audition, callback, callback, ad nauseum has really narrowed my focus this offseason.  I care much more about my one corps than I do all the others combined.

That said, in general the Cone of Silence is maddening, especially with such an insular product as this.  When roughly 60% of your tour and operations costs from sponsors, public, etc., it feels like you're tying one hand behind your back before you even start.

Mike

Not my buisness, but did he make any?

36 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

sThis is all conjecturing unless there is actual proof of this. . 

Of course its conjecture. I said as much in my post. I said " my guess " in my comments above. Maybe you missed that,.. who knows. As such, I am under no requirement to provide actual proof of what I " guessed " occurred, no more than I am requiring you to provide us "actual proof " that GH was simply being naïve to the reactions he would naturally get by initially calling his 2016 show.... " Stoned ! ".  I posted my assessment that the title was " controversial " I stand by that assessment. If it was not a lightening rod for controversy, then they've had been no reason for him to take the historically unprecedented step to have to totally withdraw the name for the show theme after presumably developing the name, then going public with it to the entire Drum Corps world. Although its guesswork here, its not rocket science to properly " guess " accurately as to what might've been the motivations  behind the a) initial development of the name and public announcement of such b) its subsequent reason for its withdrawal.

Edited by BRASSO

3 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

This is all conjecturing unless there is actual proof of this. That the example of George Dixon spoke negatively of the show name on a forum, does not mean the entire alum of Cadets is a monolithic force. We can go back and forth all we want with this, but unless we get the information DIRECTLY FROM THE SOURCE, we have no way of knowing what his motivation behind that show title was, other than what he already said; we cannot conclude he did it for controversy because we don't know what was in his mind. 

There's just no point.  It's like arguing with a transistor radio -- it just can't hear what you're saying.  I've found that the most appropriate response to Buzz's posts ls simply pasting the link below as a reply.  I hope you find it as useful as I have.

http://i.imgur.com/gxSdPoQ.gif

• Like 2

9 hours ago, xandandl said:

It sold him a lot of tee shirts.

That's good to hear, because as you well know,  I'm sure, he needed every penny for his Corps from those tee shirt sales too.

4 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Of course its conjecture. I said as much in my post. I said " my guess " in my comments above. Maybe you missed that,.. who knows. As such, I am under no requirement to provide actual proof of what I " guessed " occurred, no more than I am requiring you to provide us "actual proof " that GH was simply being naïve to the reactions he would naturally get by initially calling his 2016 show.... " Stoned ! ".  I posted my assessment that the title was " controversial " I stand by that assessment. If it was not a lightening rod for controversy, then they've had been no reason for him to take the historically unprecedented step to have to totally withdraw the name for the show theme after presumably developing the name, then going public with it to the entire Drum Corps world. Although its guesswork here, its not rocket science to properly " guess " accurately as to what might've been the motivations  behind the a) initial development of the name and public announcement of such b) its subsequent reason for its withdrawal.

Because YOU and some others found it controversial DOES NOT make it true. Maybe the "controversy" is more "sensitivity" to some people. Personally, I find too many people find too many things "controversial" where there is none or should not be any controversy. Many of you just associate that noun with the GH whenever he posts anything. It's almost the same as your implied demands that corps post some sort of preseason music, or practice videos or whatever. What you say is NOT what should, will, or has happened. 

Edited by 2000Cadet

30 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Because YOU and some others found it controversial DOES NOT make it true.

Because YOU and some others believe that assessment is false, DOES NOT make it false as well. You were given ample opportunity to express your opinion on why its likely false, and I was given ample opportunity to express why its likely true.  So that's that, and now we all move on............ that is, unless you intend to make any additional comments on why you believe the title of " Stoned ! " was somehow not a controversial show title for GH who ultimately was forced against his initial inclination by circumstances ( or  push back from influential donors ) to scrap it, and go with another name for the show.

Edited by BRASSO

9 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

This is all conjecturing unless there is actual proof of this. That the example of George Dixon spoke negatively of the show name on a forum, does not mean the entire alum of Cadets is a monolithic force. We can go back and forth all we want with this, but unless we get the information DIRECTLY FROM THE SOURCE, we have no way of knowing what his motivation behind that show title was, other than what he already said; we cannot conclude he did it for controversy because we don't know what was in his mind. 

I feel for you in the issue at hand. Really. But if conjecture is off the table, and if proof or direct-from-source info is required, then these forum will grow very quiet.:whistle:

• Like 3

I bought a Stoned hat at Ohio Northern Univ. pre-season just because I knew it would be controversial, and maybe someday it will be worth what I paid for it.

I'll be very anxious to hear if they return to Ohio Northern this year but, if they do, maybe I'll wear it in the stands just to remind him.  As if...