Cone of silence

10 hours ago, corpsband said:

There's just no point.  It's like arguing with a transistor radio -- it just can't hear what you're saying.  I've found that the most appropriate response to Buzz's posts ls simply pasting the link below as a reply.  I hope you find it as useful as I have.

http://i.imgur.com/gxSdPoQ.gif

Some people you just can't. I'll just let it be. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mjoakes said:

if conjecture is off the table, and if proof or direct-from-source info is required, then these forum will grow very quiet.:whistle:

Even when factual data is demanded to " provide proof ", and then " the proof " is provided, a few posters on here then get mad that " the proof " was then posted as was demanded ( lol!)  Some people are just NEVER happy ( haha!)

As for " guessing something might have happened " as was said above, there is no " proof needed ". But a couple of posters aren't apparently satisfied with THAT reply either .  So yes, the board DOES tend to get " very quiet " when " proof is demanded " from a poster or two when guesswork and mere opinions are expressed from other posters ( haha!)

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Even when factual data is demanded to " provide proof ", and then " the proof " is provided, a few posters on here then get mad that " the proof " was then posted as was demanded ( lol!)  Some people are just NEVER happy ( haha!)

As for " guessing something might have happened " as was said above, there is no " proof needed ". But a couple of posters aren't apparently satisfied with THAT reply either .  So yes, the board DOES tend to get " very quiet " when " proof is demanded " from a poster or two when guesswork and mere opinions are expressed from other posters ( haha!)

Except that half the time, "a few posters" do not provide proof, yourself included. 

25 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Except that half the time, "a few posters" do not provide proof, yourself included. 

Do you include or exclude yourself from this personal observation of yours ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

Yep. But one reason why I like forums (here and elsewhere) is for perspectives and ways of thinking from others. Even if I think the critical thinking is a weak. Which is a nice way of saying, even when I think some perspectives are silly. 

Some forum topics suggest a need for facts and evidence more than others. But even those things are way open for debate and interpretation.

Early in posting life at DCP, I wondered if DCP forums people ever meet up for a cocktail hour during finals week. xandandl responded with something like I must be crazy. (Apologies that I didn't trace back to the post.) I better understand that comment now. And that is haha.

38 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

Early in posting life at DCP, I wondered if DCP forums people ever meet up for a cocktail hour during finals week.

A few in their weaker moments  might've thought about Molotov cocktails perhaps... ( oh just kidding). I've met at least a half dozen folks over the years at shows that I first encountered here on DCP. All of them, to a person, have had their sinuses clear up, their complexion improve, their postures improve, and their IQ points improve by being fortunate enough to run into me at shows or camps, or functions.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, MikeN said:

She got another callback (2nd in a row), so she's still got a chance!  She's passed the music part with flying colors; we're working on visual now.

Mike

Good luck to her:)

• Like 1