Season Two: Clash of the Corps

I actually don't know how I feel about this. I felt season one was something to endure rather than something to enjoy. Perhaps the producers will give us a new and improved version this time around. 

• Like 5

The people I know who are by no means avid followers of the activity really enjoyed it, just hoping for some tweaks and fixes.  Hope they just focus on the season as a whole rather than a bunch of individual members, or just focus on one or so from whichever corps they choose.  

The production office is located right by BD headquarters so they are a given. Holding it to SCV and BD would cut costs a lot with travel reduced 

the show either needed more episodes or to be a one hour format, it was way too rushed and frenetic

i hope when we get the full announcement press release it gets more episodes 

last year felt like a test run 

Blue Devils and Santa Clara Vanguard seems like an obvious choice to me as well, two of DCIs most storied corps, both from California, (at one time and I'm hoping in 2017) fiercely competitive with one another, and like mentioned both having an anniversary year.  

Bluecoats coming off their first ever championship seems like a possibility as well.  And probably not but after the year The Academy had I'm sure they'd have to be/were on the radar at some point.  

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 2

Regardless of which corps they opt to follow, the producers need to figure out who they want as their audience.  IMO, they tried to walk the line between the drum corps audience and the MTV crowd and the show ended up unfocused and jumbled.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, corpsband said:

In all honesty, I thought this was quite embarrassing for the Cadets....which had the opposite effect for the Devils...I wouldn't mind seeing a long standing corps rivalry go at it...not to just focus on "the champs"...whereas neither garnished that title anyway during 2016