Season Two: Clash of the Corps

On 2/20/2017 at 3:47 PM, DrumManTx said:

The people I know who are by no means avid followers of the activity really enjoyed it, just hoping for some tweaks and fixes.  Hope they just focus on the season as a whole rather than a bunch of individual members, or just focus on one or so from whichever corps they choose.  

I didn't follow the thread here on DCP during season 1 because I only JUST saw all the episodes so forgive me if I am repeating what's been said multiple times.  But I was SO DISAPPOINTED with the show.  Never did they really cover what drum corps even is.  If I didn't already know I'd turn the TV off wondering what in the heck I just saw.  Definitely WAY too focused on individuals.  They just missed what drum corps is about - like totally.  The show missed the forest for the trees!

Would have loved to see some focus on visuals & techniques - marching, tossing, spinning.  They did a little of that with brass but not nearly enough in my opinion.  

Okay my two cents worth couch critic rant now over.

I really hope Bluecoats are featured in season 2 and even though I was disappointed with season 1, I'm super glad there will be a season 2.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2017 at 5:46 PM, Ghost said:

Since this year is an anniversary year for SCV & BD, I'd put my money on them.  Additional story line opportunities.

Would be very surprised if they chose two California corps. My guess is Bluecoats and SCV.

23 hours ago, corpsband said:

Honestly I don't care how terrible it was.  Drum corps had it's own TV series.  That fact alone is pretty incredible.

Bring on season 2 of the terrible drum corps tv series!

EXACTLY!!

• Like 1

As much as I am a complete BD wonk, I would rather they not be featured again in season two.  Clash of the Corps has at least some potential to spark interest in the activity in those who are not as knowledgeable and "fan-atical" as most of us here on DCP.  Giving those people a look at different corps and their stories may increase the possibility that they become dedicated fans in the future.  And for those of us who are fans already, it can be very interesting to hear and see how other corps we admire experience their season. 

My vote:  Bluecoats and SCV; a team just coming off their first championship, and what that can mean to their approach this year, and a corps that has never missed DCI Finals, but has been frustrated with not making the medal stand for a few years now.  Could be compelling if done right.

In the meantime, us BD wonks can enjoy weekly BD360 videos! :bigsmile:

• Like 3

On 2/23/2017 at 8:05 PM, corpsband said:

Honestly I don't care how terrible it was.  Drum corps had it's own TV series.  That fact alone is pretty incredible.

Bring on season 2 of the terrible drum corps tv series!

Exactly right.