Who will move up next?

• 2 weeks later...

I will say this. Expect Southwind to turn some heads this year! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luke4496 said:

I will say this. Expect Southwind to turn some heads this year! 

Good!  I look forward to Southwind turning my head!

Any inside info you can share with us?  Do you know how many MM's the corps will be fielding this year?

2 hours ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

Good!  I look forward to Southwind turning my head!

Any inside info you can share with us?  Do you know how many MM's the corps will be fielding this year?

I do know how many MM's we are fielding, however all I can say for certain is that we have expanded our original hornline numbers! Not sure if the number is known publicly so I'll hold off on saying it. Look forward to some exciting announcements in the coming months!

• Like 1

Judging by there last update video which they released, looks like 20 trumpets, 20 baritones, 12 mellophones, 12 tubas, 7 snares, 4 tenors, 5 basses, 4 cymbals. Not sure about front ensemble. 24 guard. This seems to be the number they are designing the drill around according to the shot of someone holding a copy of the drill grid. I paused it and counted. Whether they actually have these numbers, I don't know. I sure hope so. It would be significant growth from last year.  As far as turning heads, I think they did that last year. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, mjyaub said:

Judging by there last update video which they released, looks like 20 trumpets, 20 baritones, 12 mellophones, 12 tubas, 7 snares, 4 tenors, 5 basses, 4 cymbals. Not sure about front ensemble. 24 guard. This seems to be the number they are designing the drill around according to the shot of someone holding a copy of the drill grid. I paused it and counted. Whether they actually have these numbers, I don't know. I sure hope so. It would be significant growth from last year.  As far as turning heads, I think they did that last year. 

Good eye! I can tell you that's fairly accurate. I'm very glad that you think we turned heads last year! I can safely say that the show this year will blow last years out of the water though!

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this new post on Music City's website.  Very exciting stuff!  Way to go, MCDC!

Help MCDC Become World Class!

Posted on May 17, 2017 by admin
Attention drum corps fans! Music City Drum Corps is excited to let you know that the corps is being evaluated by Drum Corps International for possible inclusion in DCI’s world class for the 2018 season. Surprise! As many of you know, Drum Corps International has two divisions of corps, world class and open class. The 2017 season will be MCDC’s ninth year participating as an open class corps. What is the difference you ask? World class corps travel more, have significantly larger budgets and generally perform at a higher level of execution as they tend to attract larger numbers of college students. A corps must receive an invitation to become a world class corps. Just this year, Genesis Drum Corps from Austin, TX was invited to participate in DCI’s world class.

So how can you help? While DCI will certainly be scoring Music City’s performance on the field, it will also be evaluating the culture of the organization, its fans and frankly the appetite of Nashville to financially support a world class corps for years to come. Yes the performers in every drum corps pay membership fees that pay most of the bills, but world class corps can’t saddle all of the additional expenses on the backs of its members. We need YOU to help Music City Drum Corps make it to world class! We need YOUR support.

Be counted!! Not everyone can write a big check. But let us count you among those willing to support a NEW world class drum corps in whatever manner you can. Maybe you can volunteer to help prepare meals for a week or two, maybe you can help with uniform alterations, maybe you have what it takes to become our newest board member or maybe you CAN write a check. It’s time to be counted. Will you please help? Donate or contact us now.

2017_May_donate
Bookmark the permalink.

On 4/12/2017 at 8:07 PM, BassClefTristan said:

One thing is for sure, that this is the best horn line that MCDC has ever seen, as almost half of last year's vets are in the corps this year. (huge comeback ratio for an OC corps) Staff is also sure that the color guard is also the best that the corps has seen. That being said, everyone is definitely expecting MCDC to make their highest ever score so far this season. A lot of vets are saying we just might place right under BDB and SCVC at OC Finals. I can't say anything about placement, but I can almost guarantee this will be the best MCDC yet.

After reading about Music City being evaluated for World Class in 2018, I remembered your contributions to this topic and looked you up, since you are a current MCDC member.  No wonder you guys are so excited about this year!  I love what I'm already hearing musically from the corps (the April camp video sounds great) and just wanted to extend my congratulations to you and your fellow MM's and wish you a great experience and the most successful season MCDC has ever had.  And may the evaluation go favorably - blessings & joy, BassClefTristan!