Favorite Conductor/Drum major in DCI History?

I have lots of favorites, but one that really stands out for me is Koji Mori.  He had great clarity without being too overdone, also had some really cool out of pattern cues and cutoffs.

Koji's awesome. Other faves of mine include André Feagin and Stuart Shulman.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

I have lots of favorites, but one that really stands out for me is Koji Mori.  He had great clarity without being too overdone, also had some really cool out of pattern cues and cutoffs.

He's was also mean with a spear. Ask Will Pitts.

Funny coincidence, in the Latin language appropriate to Sparticus, Koji's surname translates: "to die." Coincidence?

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

I agree with the above, but there are many facets to being the DM in most corps beyond just being a human metronome.

David Warren of Phantom Regiment and Ben Pouncey of Cadets melded both podium poise and off field leadership par excellence.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, xandandl said:

I agree with the above, but there are many facets to being the DM in most corps beyond just being a human metronome.

David Warren of Phantom Regiment and Ben Pouncey of Cadets melded both podium poise and off field leadership par excellence.

Actually looking more recently, the Cadets DM in 2015 was incredible, and Samuel Crawford from the Bluecoats had some great stuff.  Niko the BD DM from '14, '15, and '16  has some great on pattern stuff.

1 minute ago, xandandl said:

Kendall Stevenson just aged out as Cadets DM after 3 seasons of great work and much behind the scenes leadership.

Best hands Ive ever seen.  She stayed on pattern, but added so much natural and smooth movement.