Drum Major/ Conductor Spot

4 minutes ago, DawsonBurnes said:

What do you mean? I'm a bit slow haha. Do you mean that you think I'm not going to try out for drum major/conductor? I'm totally going for it in the future. I'm too young as of now. 

but will you play your solo on your new low brass instrument or on your Eb trumpet??? or both?

Edited by xandandl

11 hours ago, xandandl said:

but will you play your solo on your new low brass instrument or on your Eb trumpet??? or both?

Both at the same time. Major GE points

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Why did you not go back to the Corps you were a DM with ? Just asking, as your response to this could help in providing you additional assistance that you are asking us for.

I was previously a Drum Major for an open class corps in 2015. After the season ended I was advised by my Tour Assistant/DM Instructor(Former DCI Drum Major) that with my skill set, I really need to be in a world class corps. For the 2016 season I auditioned for a corps that has its auditions way after every other corps and received a call back for the top 2 finalist. However, I did not receive a contract. Since the corps auditions were during the same weekend as my previous corps, I was not able to audition for my original group. Since I enjoyed the audition experience and fell in love with the corps, I decided to audition again in January of 2017 and received a callback for the next camp. Once again I did not receive a contract. The reason for me not receiving a contract was not due to a lack of skill/leadership, it's just how things ended up working out. 

Edited by Dci5340

1 hour ago, Dci5340 said:

I was previously a Drum Major for an open class corps in 2015. After the season ended I was advised by my Tour Assistant/DM Instructor(Former DCI Drum Major) that with my skill set, I really need to be in a world class corps. For the 2016 season I auditioned for a corps that has its auditions way after every other corps and received a call back for the top 2 finalist. However, I did not receive a contract. Since the corps auditions were during the same weekend as my previous corps, I was not able to audition for my original group. Since I enjoyed the audition experience and fell in love with the corps, I decided to audition again in January of 2014 and received a callback for the next camp. Once again I did not receive a contract. The reason for me not receiving a contract was not due to a lack of skill/leadership, it's just how things ended up working out. 

Wow! You had such a good experience that you traveled back in time?!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Dci5340 said:

2017*

I suppose its all water over the dam now, as I would imagine all the World Class Division Corps ( your quest) have now filled all their DM and assistant DM spots for the coming 2017 season. Its a shame, as it sounds to me like you may not be marching at all this season now, let alone marching as a DM.

Edited by BRASSO

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

I suppose its all water over the dam now, as I would imagine all the World Class Division Corps ( your quest) have now filled all their DM and assistant DM spots for the coming 2017 season. Its a shame, as it sounds to me like you may not be marching at all this season now, let alone marching as a DM.

It is a shame. I have been DM and I have been in the horn line. My favorite years were in the horn line.

• Like 1